23. Tom Hiddleston | You Are Enough

By : multific | Tumblr

Warnings: slight angst (but nothing serious), little jealousy but mainly fluff

Summary: You are a singer and haven't told Tom because you are scared of it won't be enough. He doesn't find out until one day.

-----

You and Tom had been dating for about six months now. It was a beautiful relationship with him. A friend of your introduced you to him, and since then, everything has been perfect. Well almost everything.

Since Tom was such a popular and amazing actor, you feared to tell him what your job was. When he asked you just told him you worked in a theater, but never told him in what position and you were glad when he didn't ask further questions.

You worked as a singer, you could sing operas but you just enjoyed singing any song. There was one particular song you enjoyed to sing the most.

You were afraid that if Tom finds out, he will leave you. You weren't famous like him. You weren't a huge name in America, but you had your own audience and fans, and you loved them.

Soon you had got a big opportunity, you were to sing at a charity event. You were a big supporter of charity, so of course you accepted the invitation.

You had a date with Tom, the night before the event. He told you that he had to attend an event the next evening, which made you let out a sign, if he had to go to an event, you didn't have to find an excuse why you can't meet with him.

You just smiled at him and told him that it was okay. Other than that the date was amazing, as usual.

On the day of the charity event, you were told that the organizer of the event had a dress for you. You didn't complain, usually when you go to events like this, they pick a theme or a century which you had to dress appropriately. You didn't mind that at all, at least you didn't had to spend days on searching for the right dress.

You had to arrive before the event was starting, since they said you will open the night. They prettied you up. It seemed like they went with a beautiful Victorian dress , which you absolutely fell in love with. They also gave you just the right amount of jewelry. 

When the time came before you went to the stage someone greeted everyone and announced your performance. When you entered the lights the man gave you a smile and a kiss to you knuckles, everyone clapped.

The music started and you began to sing. (Never Enough, The Greatest Showman)

Everyone was silent and looking at you. You got used to people watching you, so it wasn't a problem.

When you ended the song, everyone clapped, some even stood from their chairs. You bowed and exited. The man from earlier came back thanked you and told everyone to get drinks.

When you walked down the stage a man came over to you.

"Thank you so much for the performance. It was amazing. My name is Stephan Wallance, I own the company that founds this charity organization." he said and he held his hand out to you, you took it and he kissed your hand.

"It was my pleasure Mr. Wallance, anything to help the ones in need." you smiled at him, before he could say anything else, you excused yourself to go and get a drink. While you were in search for a drink, you couldn't help but think about Tom. He must look amazing in a suit somewhere. You signed and saw a waiter with drinks, you went to him but before you could take one of the drinks a hand took it before you could.

"It was indeed a magnificent performance, Darling."

shit

You didn't believe your eyes. There he was, standing in front of you with two drinks in his hands. You froze and your heart fell to your stomach. Lucky for you there weren't many people around you.

Since you didn't say anything he continued.

"I don't know if I should be amazed, jealous or mad at you, Love. You managed to keep your talent hidden from me for so long. You look absolutely gorgeous in this dress, and I had to find out about all of this, like this." He indeed looked uncertain. He placed the drinks to a table nearby.

"Can we talk somewhere more private, please Tom?" and you led him out to the balcony. The event was held at the eighteenth floor, so it gave you a pretty good view of the city. You turned to face him, and he looked like he was ready to hear your explanation.

You took a deep breath, looked him in the eyes and told him.

"I-I'm so so sorry. I didn't tell you because I thought you might want to leave me if you find out, I'm not even close to be as famous as you are and I try my best to be enough, enough for you and for your love."

He looked confused for a few seconds, but once he processed what you just said he looked down and shook his head.

"But you are already more than enough for me. I don't need someone who is famous or rich. I need you." he got closer to you and kissed you. He held you close and he made you feel loved. He wanted you to know his words weren't just empty promises, that he meant every word he just said. When you separated from him you smiled at him and he returned your smile.

"I'm sorry, I was stupid. What can I do to make it up to you?" you asked him and you fixed his suit a little bit on his neck.

"Well, I have a few things in mind, but as for now, I just want to enter that room and hold you close to me, so everyone knows that my girlfriend is this amazing woman." you laughed at him.

"Alright. Got it Mr. Hiddleston. and what other things do you have in store for me?" you asked him mischievously.

"You will sing to me." you were almost disappointed by his answer but he leaned in close to your ear and whispered to you.

"All night long."