149. Tom Cruise | Shine

By : random-imagines-blog | Tumblr

Wordcount: 2236
Summary: Great food, great dancing, and a bit of jealousy - what more could a date need?

As early 2000s as this was about the sound - the club was popping. It wasn't the usual sort of club filled with twenty years grinding on one another with barely distinguishable beats playing in the background. It was a Latin club, with food and dancing and drink. The spice of the food was rivaled by the spice of the band that was playing tonight. This was where you felt the most in your element, this was your place. And that was why you had brought your date here tonight. It was also relatively low-key, where most of the people were focused on the band and the chef rather than the patrons. Something that your date for the night, a Mr. Tom Cruise, appreciated. You recommended a dish for him and that was what he had ordered - a definitely win in your books. You liked a man who was adventurous and yet trusting. He knew that you knew what you were doing.

"So you come here often then?" Tom asked, leaning back in his chair. He had shed his leather jacket to show the red button up shirt that he was wearing. It was tight on the arms, showing off the muscles that his constant work-out routine had produced. The color was great too, it added a little Latin flair to him. Your own outfit matched almost perfectly.

"I'm a regular," You admitted, leaning in, playing with the straw of your drink. "The staff all know me by name here. It's how I knew that we would be safe. They don't care about celebrities so they won't be posting anything on social media about your visit."

"Our visit," Tom laughed, taking a drink of his beer. "You seem more like the celebrity here. Even the band has been looking at you."

"It's rare that I sit down this long," You admitted. Your eyes caught that of the waitress coming around, your food on her platter. You straightened up and licked your lips, more than ready for the meal.

"What do you mean?" Tom asked, straightening himself up as well. There was a smile, and then thank yous to the waitress, and forks were picked up.

"Oh, I hit the dance floor," You grinned, a sparkle in your eye. "That's one of the best reasons to come here. The music, the dancing, the atmosphere. You get a good coupe of people on that floor, the whole place will be moving. Are you up for the challenge after we eat?"

"I don't know if I'm going to be able to stand after all of this," Tom laughed, digging into the food on his plate. You chuckled along with him, but remained hopeful. Dancing was one of your absolute favorite things to do, and not to toot your own horn, but you were good at it. No matter how handsome or famous this man was, he wasn't going to be able to get into your heart without taking a few steps.

"Is that so?" He asked. You nodded, and watched as he took his first bite. You were waiting with bated breath to find out if he enjoyed it as much as you hoped that he would. He chewed thoughtfully, swallowed, then took a sip of water. "Spicy," He explained. You nodded again, and continued to look, waiting for an opinion and not a fact. "It's really good."

"I knew you would think so!" You stabbed your fork into your own food, cutting off a piece for your consumption. "The food here is the best too. It's the most underrated restaurant in the city, but it's kind of great that way. No lines to get in. Plenty of room for dancing. And the food never takes too long to get to the table."

"My kinda place," Tom said with a grin. You two ate in relative silence, but it wasn't uncomfortable. It was just two people enjoying a meal, and each others company. Every time that his foot bumped against yours under the table, though, you felt like you were going to start blushing. You thought about saying something about it but decided to just let the moment be that - a moment, without you ruining it. "Should we get dessert?" He asked after you two finished eating, picking up the small dessert menu that was on the table. You were about to recommend one of the items when you were interrupted.