30. Chris Evans | For Your Safety

By : multific | Tumblr

Chris Evans x Reader

Request: Can you write one with Chris and the reader where they are friends and she tries to make a move to be more than friends but Chris always blocks her bc he doesn't want her to have to be in the public eye and doesn't want to hide a relationship with her he iS just worried about her safety when he isn't there with her and after she ignores him thinking he doesn't like her he tells her the truth and she lets him know that she can handle it

-----

It was probably the hardest thing that Chris has ever done.

Ignoring your tries to be with him when he felt the same way.

But he just couldn't let you, he just couldn't be with you.

He was afraid. It happened to him before. The people, the fans, they did everything to make him break up one of his relationships before, and he figured that the same would happen to you.

He didn't want you to get your heart broken, he didn't want to put you through danger.

You tried many many many times to get his attention and confess your feelings to him, but he just didn't let you. It was like you met with a brick wall every time you spoke to him. And so, you thought what any other reasonable people would, he hates you.

Why would he completely ignore you?

Why would he leave the room whenever you walked in?

He was just too polite to say it aloud.

You found this thought weird, since in the beginning, when you first met him, he really seemed interested in you. You'd go so far and say that he even liked you. And that is why you thought his behaviour to be strange.

But soon, you had enough of this. Even when you approached him in regards of work, he would block you off. And that irritated you the most.

So, one day, you snapped.

Fortunately no one was there to see.

You got so irritated and had enough of his quick but short remarks.

"I had enough, officially!!! I get it that you don't want to date me Evans. I got it since you always brush me off. But I had enough of this! You can't even talk to me about work! Which is ridiculous. I get it that you hate me, but for fucks sake, we are grown-ups! So behave like one!" you didn't mean to yell at him the last part, but frustration got the better out of you. And is clearly surprised him. And he knew then and there, he cannot lie any longer, nor to you, nor to himself.

"I don't hate you." he said, which made you roll your eyes and lean back in your chair, crossing your arms as you looked away from him. "I don't hate you, Y/N. It is true that I behaved like a child and blocked you off, but I was afraid. I was afraid of you getting hurt. I like you, gosh I like you so much. No other woman had this effect on me. You came in that door, with those eyes and smile of yours and you had me at 'Hi.' seriously. But I know the media and the people, they talk and some would even go further than that. I was afraid that if we start dating, which I really wanted and still do, people might hurt you. And no, don't want a secret relationship, that just hideous. I know that you are a grown woman, and you will probably say that you can handle it, but I was worried about you. So, I pushed you away to protect you, for your safety."

You didn't know what to say. The information he gave you was too much to take in, but slowly, you managed. So, he did like you and he pushed you away to protect you from the media and the hateful fans.

And then you did something he did not expect.

You laughed.

It made him look at you like you were crazy, which you probably were.

"Chris. I get enough hate as it is. And all I do is exist. Some people will talk shit even if you do nothing. And for you to push me away because of that... sorry, but that's just dumb. You wanted to protect me, to keep me safe, yet all you did was annoy and waste my time. I have been thinking about what did I do wrong and all that jazz."

"I was afraid that if I have to leave and you'd stay alone, they would..."

"And now, you tell me that it was because you were afraid that when I am not with you, they'd attack me? Don't be silly. I can very much protect myself you know. Sure you are all strong and muscular, but don't underestimate me!" you smiled at him, he just sat there. His thoughts were all over the place and in the end he realized how much of an idiot he was.

His fears got the best of him, and he shouldn't have let that. You don't know where all the sudden confidence came from, but the next thing you knew, you were sitting on his lap as you hugged him. You felt him letting out a big sigh and soon, he embraced you as well. Oh how thankful you were that you were at an isolated place on the set.

"I'm sorry." he said. Still not letting you go.

"Just never do this again."

"I won't."

And as he hugged you, you knew that there wasn't anything on this would he wouldn't keep you safe from, and he knew, he had to trust you to deal with what was coming.

But what both of you knew, is that, as long as you went through this together, you will be able to do it.