65. Noah Centineo | School Disaster

By : allthingsfangirl101 | Tumblr 

Trigger Warning: school shooting, gun violence, language

I walked down the hallway, my hand in Noah's. I laughed as he started swinging our intertwined hands back and forth. "Are you laughing at me?" Noah asked, playfully glaring at me. I giggled as he spun me around and pulled me into his chest.

I smiled as he leaned down and pressed his lips to mine. When we pulled apart, I noticed someone watching us from over Noah's shoulder. I made eye contact with them and recognized him. It was Jason Demario. We've gone to school together since we were little. His family lived across the street from mine.

"You okay?" Noah asked, pulling my focus away.

I tore my eyes away from Jacob and looked back over at my smiling boyfriend. "Yep," I smiled. He studied me for a second before shrugging and leaning forward, pressing his lips to mine.

All with Jason watching.

We went through the rest of the day like normal. Well, sort of normal. The only thing that seemed off was how I constantly saw Jason Demario everywhere, watching me.

It was like he was studying me. When I was with Noah, anger radiated off him. But when I was alone, he seemed calmer.

Noah and I were in the middle of Spanish when the door swung open. I sent Noah a nervous look when I saw Jason Demario standing in the doorway.

"Señor Demario?" Señorita Hayes sighed. "Can I help you?"

I held my breath as Jason searched the room until his eyes landed on who he was looking for.

Me.

I glanced over at Noah to see him watching Jason closely. The room went silent as Jason pulled out a gun and pointed it right at me.

"Jason," Señorita Hayes said shakily.

"Shut up!" He yelled. "Everyone just sit down and shut up!"

Everyone was silent as we waited to see what he would do. At first, he didn't do anything. Just stared at me. But then his eyes drifted to Noah and his whole demeanor changed.

Jason looked back at me and his eyes filled with tears. "You," his voice cracked. "You never... You don't..." He angrily wiped at the tears that had fallen.

"This is all your fault!!" He yelled. I looked over at Noah, no clue what Jason was talking about.

I slowly stood up, Noah instantly grabbing my hand to pull me back down. "Don't touch her!" Jason yelled at him. "Don't fucking touch her!!"

Noah quickly let my hand go, eyeing the gun. "Jason," I said gently. "Put the gun down and we can talk, okay?"

"No," he said his voice breaking. "You won't understand."

"I will. I promise I will try my hardest to understand. Just... Just put the gun on Señorita Hayes's desk and you and I will go for a walk."

"Y/N, no," Noah whispered.

"You never noticed me!" Jason yelled, covering up Noah's plea.

"That's not true, Jason." I stuttered. "I've known you for a long time. Since first grade. Remember? You let me borrow your sharpener whenever I needed it. In second grade, we were line leaders together. We were in the same choir all through middle school. We were lab partners in freshman biology. You live across the street from me, Jason. I know you."

"But... But, you're with him," he sneered at Noah.

"That's true," I said as I started to walk to the front of the class. I stopped when Noah jumped up and grabbed my hand, stopping me.