195. Sebastian Stan | Daddy Duty

By : watchmegetobsessed | Tumblr 

word count: 1.9k
Sebastian's first public appearance on The Tonight Show since your baby was born.

-----

Sebastian stand behind the scenes feeling a little nervous, rolling on the ball of his heels as he waits for his queue to walk out. It's been so long since the last time he had to make an appearance in front of a live audience. Exactly about six months.

He went into a complete hiatus when you were about seven months pregnant, cancelled and declined every invitation and work related thing for the upcoming month so he could spend all his time with you and eventually the baby when she arrives.

Relia was born three months ago and the three of you have been basically nestled in your home, bathing in the joys and challenges of being first time parents. Sebastian has been on full daddy duty since you've arrived home from the hospital, always on alert, the first one to change diapers or get up in the night when the tiniest fuss was heard through the baby monitor. Though Relia didn't follow with the agreement they made earlier that she would cry only loud enough to wake him, Sebastian still made sure to cover any occasions through the night that didn't involve feeding. But even then, he sat on the floor of the nursery and watched in awe as you fed your baby girl, half asleep, but also very cautious of your surroundings. He has been so amazing, the biggest help you could imagine and now you were entirely convinced that he was born to be a father.

When he got an invitation to The Tonight Show, he wanted to decline it straight away at first, but you managed to convince him to make the appearance, knowing how much he still missed work deep down. He deserved one day off from the dirty diapers and baby vomit.

Now he is finally here, ready to step out in front of everyone for the first time in months, yet still, he can't stop himself from thinking about what you and little Lia are doing at home. He has been texting you all day and even FaceTimed you from his dressing room, he caught you during lunch time so you propped up your phone on the table so he could see you nestle Lia in your arms as you fed her while talking to your man. He'll be home soon in just a few hours, but still, he feels the urge to call you one more time, though there's no time for that now.

"And now, please welcome the Winter Soldier himself, Sebastian Stan!" Jimmy Fallon introduces him before he walks out from backstage, the audience cheering on him as he waves around until he reaches Jimmy. The shake hands, greeting each other and then take their seats, waiting for the audience to calm down at the arrival of Sebastian.

"Thank you so much for coming here tonight, I'm so happy to have you on the show again!" Jimmy enthuses as Seb nods with a shy smile.

"Thank you for the invitation."

"It's been quite some time since you've been here, right?"

"Yeah, I can't even tell when that happened. I'm gonna be honest I'm not good at tracking time," he chuckles shortly.

"You're a busy man, that's alright. So, tell me what's been going on in your life. Any new movies coming up?"

"I have a few, some I've shot a while ago, but I'm not sure I can share any details until the official announcements," he explains and Jimmy nods understandingly.

"That's alright, but I'm happy we get to see you in something soon."

"Something is definitely coming, yeah." He knows where the conversation is heading. They've discussed it beforehand and he agreed to talk about you and the baby with your consent. You've had a discussion about it when he accepted the invitation, since it was pretty clear it's what they truly wanted to talk about. Before the birth of Relia, the two of you were caught on a grocery trip, with your very much obvious belly, since you were just two weeks before giving birth. The few photos swept through the internet and people went nuts that you are going to be parents and you kept it a secret for so long. However, neither of you confirmed anything until a month after Relia's birth when Sebastian posted a story of himself in one of your sunhats, Lia sleeping peacefully in a baby carrier on Seb's front, just her fluffy hair shown on the top of her head, and her tiny feet hanging on the sides. He captured it with writing "daddy duty" in the corner, but never really said anything else. Now that it's been three months, you decided that you feel comfortable enough to share the news officially with the public.