106. Jacob Elordi/Noah Flynn | Stressful nights

By : frost-queen | Tumblr

Your entire desk was a mess. Papers and textbooks scattered around, half of them covering up your keyboard. You had two or three pencils stuck in your messy bun, a pen between your teeth. Switching papers on top of each other, you couldn't tell what page came first or second from your made summary. Slapping a page on top of the rest, reached you out for your marker. Spitting your pen out, opened you the top of the marker between your teeth. You started highlighting important things. Bopping your head to the background music you had put on to study, grabbed you your textbook closer to you.

Your finger went swiftly over the context, reading over it hastily. Your finger stopped at something you thought would be important to know. Taking the top of the marker from between your teeth, putted you it back on the yellow marker. Then you reached for one of the pencils stuck in your bun. – "Now where was that." – mumbled you to yourself, taking the stack of paper all at once. For a moment you could see your keyboard, making you smile brief. How long it was that you had seen those keys.

Topping and searching through everything, found you finally the paper you needed. A bit fumbled, scribbled you in pencil some reminders near your own text. Puffing loud, you glanced at the hour on your laptop. You let go of everything to touch your neck for a moment, moving your head aside. The tension in your neck was almost unbearable. You had forgotten when it was the last time you had gotten up from this position. You shushed your own stomach that made it's entrance, snarling for food. – "Just a few more chapters." – whispered you to yourself, reaching for your water bottle. It was almost empty, so you took a single sip, sparing your water for later. Sighing loud and long, took you your pen again.

You screamed it out, throwing the papers in your hand around at your phone calling. Some papers fell on your face, one leaving a little scratch mark on your nose. It stung a little, touching your nose, bend you down to grab the papers. The calling continued as you felt rushed. – "Yes!" – called you out, moving your head up. Yet your head bumped against the underside of your desk, making you curse at yourself. Now with a hurt head as well, moved you, your head slowly up.

The call ended as you exhaled deep. Just when you thought peace had come to you, started it to ring again. You groaned it out, picking up papers and textbooks in search for your phone underneath the chaos on your desk. In the process stomped you, your pencil case on the ground, making you groan even louder. The stress inside of you rose higher then before. Papers flew around as you desperately wanted to answer the call. You finally found your phone, picking up without even realizing who it was. – "Yes!" – breathed you out, leaning back in your chair. – "You sound exhausted, Y/n." – heard you on the other end of the phone. You exhaled deep, spinning a bit in your chair. – "I got a bit worried when I didn't heard from you first." – you heard Noah say, making you bite your lip ashamed.

"I couldn't find it yet in the chaos." – answered you back, rubbing your worried forehead. – "Chaos?" – laughed Noah out, wanting to know more. You sighed deep, lowering your hand. – "I have finals coming up Noah. It's exhausting." – confessed you, thinking how you would ever survive them. – "Then I have the greatest idea, love." – called he out. – "I take you out on a date." – exclaimed he. You could already picture it, him sitting leaned back with a smirk while asking you this.

You chuckled a bit, wanting it. Needing it, but you couldn't. You still had so much to do. Besides you still hadn't reached the goal of studying you had in mind. – "Noah..." – you called out, almost whining. – "I can't." – said you, turning back towards your desk where you pulled your chair closer to it. – "I have so much to do... I can't no matter how much I want it." – you truly didn't want to let Noah down, but you had finals coming up. He should understand that. – "You know you need a break once in a while, right?" – joked he out. – "Noah!" – groaned you out, not having the need to deal with his jokes right now. You heard Noah sigh on the other end of the phone. – "I just wanted to take my girlfriend out on a date." – explained he. – "I know... I just can't afford failing them.

I hope you understand that." – he understood, knowing how important it was, but also how exhausting and stressful it can be. Your eyes glanced up to the time, your muscles pulling together at how much time you had already wasted. – "Noah, love I have to hang up. I still have so much to do." – You didn't mean to sound so exhausted, but you were.

"Alright..." – replied Noah, hearing you end the call. You threw your phone on your bed to keep in sight, just in case. Sighing deep, rubbing your temples, prepared you yourself to clear up the mess on the ground first. Getting out of your chair, you knelt down, feeling how sore your muscles were. Picking up paper after paper, collected you them. Groaning in pain, were you almost unable to pull yourself up. You were mentally and physically exhausted from studying and stressing out. The stress was a factor that could ware you out. Seating yourself back down in front of your desk, laid you the collected stack of papers on the side. Looking at your screen, you just wanted to cry. Cry it all out as you felt like you were at the very top of your own self.

Barely hanging out, the water just till your lips. Telling yourself to not cry, focused you back on your finals. Biting your lip to prevent your lip from trembling, pulled you the textbook closer to you. – "I can do this... I just have to hang on a little longer." – whispered you to yourself with encouraging words. They helped a little, making you take a deep breath to try and calm yourself. Taking your pencil back in your hand, started you to go through your textbooks and summary's again, pumping them into your brain.

Your water bottle was empty as you were too exhausted to even get up. Outside was it close to evening. You had worked your way through a lot of material. Now you were just one chapter away from making your goal. Then you would have your break and continue after diner till late at night. With headphones on, were you listening to music to stimulate your brain while having a little moment of drive. You were alert, going through the material with full energy. Too bad it lasted not long, your mind lacking the energy to continue. You were close to crying again, hearing a knock on your door. The door opened, revealing a smiley Noah Flynn.

He walked in, seeing in what kind of state you were. – "Aw, my poor baby." – said he putting the plastic bags he was carrying down. – "My poor baby." – repeated he, seeing you nod close to tears. He walked over to you as you wrapped your arms around him. He petted the top of your head whilst you softly sobbed against his shirt. Noah exhaled soft, admiring the state of your desk. – "Why are you here?" – asked you, pulling your head back to check his shirt for any tear stains. – "Well my poor girlfriend was stressing over finals, so I just had to cheer her up." – you curled up a smile, looking up to him. Noah bend down, kissing the top of your head. – "Besides you owed me a date."

He took your hands, stepping back so that he could pull you out of the chair. You groaned in pain, Noah chuckling at the state of you. – "You are worse off then I thought." – joked he out. – "Noah I'm not done yet... I have so much still to do." – expressed you, looking back at your messy desk. Noah shushed you, shaking his head. – "I think you have done enough." – He took you by the shoulders, placing you down on your bed. He kissed you on your cheek, then your lips. Noah turned back to the bags he had brought, picking them up. – "What's in it?" – questioned you, feeling a bit better. – "Our date!" – said Noah, looking in the bag. He pulled out your favorite ice cream making you laugh loud. He gave it to you, you glad to feel the cold against your palms. He then pulled out some DVD's, making the smile on your lips wider.

"I also bought you this." – he started to throw several types of chips at you. One bag empty went he towards the other one. – "I even brought you one of my hoodies." – he threw it at you. You caught it, quickly putting it on. You felt save in it, smelling on it to feel even closer to him. Noah placed some soda cans in your bed. – "So which movie?" – asked he, leaning on the matrass, gazing at you. You smiled shy, looking briefly away. – "I love you, Noah." – said you. – "I know." – replied he with such ego, shrugging his shoulder. He kissed you, making all your stress and worries disappear.

You pointed at a movie, snuggling better on your bed. Noah putted the movie in, jumping in bed with you. He came laying beside you, his arm protectively around you. Surrounded by snacks and your boyfriend were you glad to be away from your desk for a while. Noah gave you a spoon for the ice cream while he went for some chips. Snuggling against Noah, your mind could take some rest. You were glad he came to surprise you as you truly needed it. Otherwise you would've overworked yourself what had bigger effects. Near the end of the movie had you fallen asleep in his arms, Noah not moving an inch, afraid he might wake you up. He wanted you to have the rest you deserved, knowing you would give it all you got later.

——————————————————