198. Tom Hiddleston | Where The Heart Sings

By : lykaonimagines | Tumblr

Paring: Tom x Reader

Word Count: 2,163

Description: Y/N and Tom finally reunited in the airport after a year apart.

Warning: Nothing really

Checking the arrival screens for the seemingly hundredth time, Y/N finds herself pacing in the crowded luggage claim area. As the small sign twists in her hands, her mind races.

It had been a year since she last saw him. They had been in this long distance relationship for four years now. Both wanting to see where this would go, but not ready to give up their lives on a maybe.

The day she first met Tom, she both simultaneously thanked and hated, for bringing this wonderfully intelligent, dorky, sweet, and loving man into her life. She'd met him on a train on a vacation in London. The man next to her so engrossed in Coriolanus she couldn't help herself from commenting. A megawatt smile turned up from the book to face her, and the rest was history.

He swept her off her feet before she even knew what happened, and by the end of the month she found herself kissing this man goodbye through a tearful gaze. Only one month and she was already smitten. That seemed so long ago now, the years that followed were full of late night FaceTime dates and seeing one another as much as possible for their schedule.

The past year however... everything went wrong, every plan to see one another. He had taken on so many roles he seemed to be in a constant state of filming or promoting that left him with little to no time to get away to her. And her attempts to go see him always ended in her boss insisting she head another project.

So there she stood in her hometown airport gripping a sign with his name, and waiting to finally see him after the long year apart.

She should be happy. In theory she is. But she's terrified.

"It's been an entire year," she mutters looking down at herself with a frown. "What if it doesn't feel the same? What if he doesn't feel the same? What if I look different? What if he doesn't like how I look anymore? What if when he sees me he realizes the women he's around on a regular basis are better? What if he decides this isn't worth it anymore- if I'm not worth it anymore," she mutters to herself as she tugs at her outfit once again.

She knew some of it was crazy. He seen her on FaceTime every few days. And if he truly didn't love her anymore he wouldn't call her nearly everyday. Or would he? He's so polite maybe he thinks it's better to end things in person.

Y/N shakes her head roughly and pulls out her phone to check her makeup once again, then checks her messages.

"He should be landing anytime now, he thinks there's a driver waiting for him, still doesn't know it's you. I'll keep the business away for as long as I can, you two enjoy yourself. - Luke."

Grinning down at the text with a new found confidence, she stands up straighter and finds herself a spot against one of the airport columns, slightly out of view from the escalators that bring the arriving passengers down.

She'd originally told Tom she couldn't make it to pick him up, and in truth she really didn't think she could. She had taken the next few weeks off, but her boss had insisted she come in today to take care of some work for him. Tom had been disappointed, she could tell by the tone of his voice but he played it off. So she pulled some strings and worked her ass off to get all her work done in the morning, and make it to the airport to fetch him.

She had texted Luke to ask of his ride plans, and had received notice he'd cancel Tom's ride and not let him know it was her so she could surprise him. Something she was really excited for, nervous, but excited.