40. Tom Hiddleston | Unbreak My Heart

By : multific | Tumblr

Summary: You have to deal with a heart break.

Warnings: short but heart breaking, little angst

----

Your heart hurt. And the world let you know that it didn't even care, the sun was shining, people outside, all of them happy. Making you realize how small you really were in this huge world.

But you're the pain in your heart wasn't small, at all. It was possibly the worst you ever had.

It was all caused by a man, of course.

You can't forget the day he left. How he left you standing in the rain.

After two years of dating, you expected quite the opposite on your anniversary than what actually happened. He blamed his work, and quite frankly you blamed him.

You did everything in you will to keep the two of you together, but now you know it was worthless. He made up his mind.

"Don't leave me in all this pain!" was all you said as you watched him walk away.

And now you were all alone sitting near the window. Watching as all the happy people outside continued to live their life.

Your anger came like a storm. And that storm cost you in a vase, some decorations and a picture on the wall.

The picture was off you and your ex-boyfriend, smiling. Back then everything was easier. He actually tried and didn't throw things away.

The last month was absolute hell to you. You got used to living with someone else, you got used to the warmth next to you in bed but now it was cold and empty. Friends and family tried to cheer you up, but nothing worked, they soon gave up and let time do its thing. This was the kind of wound that would heal, but only with time.

Soon night-time came.

You were on your balcony, gazing at the world outside with a nice glass of wine. It was quite chilly, but you didn't mind, your heart was way colder than the weather.

"Say you love me again." you said that more to yourself. As a last desperate call.

"I love you."

You turned at the familiar voice, nearly dropping the glass.

And there he was, standing with a sad smile on his face. If you had to be honest, he looked worse than you did. Red eyes, bags under them, he looked even thinner almost unhealthy. He was still crying. But you just couldn't, you had no tears left to cry.

You assumed he was over for some of the stuff he left there, so you got up, into the wardrobe and you got the box for him, containing all his clothes.

You placed it on the bed as he looked at it than back at you.

"I'm not here for this, Y/N." your heart felt like it would explode, you wanted nothing more than to just run to him, hug him, kiss him. But you knew, you couldn't he wasn't yours anymore.

"Then why are you here?" you didn't mean it to come out as harsh as it did, but the reason for your misery was standing in front of you. The person who promised not to hurt you and yet that's exactly what he has done.

"I want you back."

"And what makes you think that I want the same thing?"

He had to pause for a second. Of course it's what you wanted. But you can't just run into his arms, he might hurt you once again, you wasn't sure you could handle another heart break.

"You left me there, Tom. You left me standing in the rain, with an aching heart. On our anniversary." it just came out, what you had been holding back for weeks, just came out.

"I can't say how sorry I am. I was an idiot, still am. I let the most amazing in my life go and I just. I'm lost without you."

It took you, in total, five minutes to run to him. He hugged you close, tightly.

"Thank you, Y/N. Thank you. I love you much." as you were smelling his cologne you relaxed and answered.

"Please, don't break me. Ever again!"

"I won't, Y/N. I promise!" and he kissed you. His kisses always sent electrics through you, and this wasn't an exception.

That evening Tom made a promise, a promise he previously made, but this time, he kept it.