109. Chris Evans | One Too Many

By : shellbilee | Tumblr

Summary: Chris and you have been dating a few months, you're out with the girls and he picks you up when you're drunk

Pairing: Chris Evans x you, Chris Evans x Reader

Words: 5.8K

Warnings: Fluff, swearing

------

Chris Evans tears his eyes away from the TV as his phone lights up beside his outstretched feet on the coffee table. The incoming text message vibrates against the wood of the table, stirring Dodger from his peaceful slumber as he lies on the sofa beside him. Chris watches as the tan and white canine opens his liquid brown eyes curiously, looking around the room briefly before shifting on the cushions and letting out an audible sigh as he settles back to sleep.

Chris smiles and leans forward to pick up his phone, his smile growing even wider when he sees the name on the lit up screen.

You.

He'd text you earlier asking how your night out was going - you were out for drinks for one of your best friends' birthdays at one of the many up-scale bars in the city. Apparently, the night was going very well, judging by the way your messages were very slowly becoming less and less coherent. Chris smiles as he reads your latest message, finding your obviously intoxicated words incredibly adorable.

Em msde us all do tequila shots. I hate tequils shots :( :( :(

Chris laughs. He knew what you meant - how anyone could enjoy tequila, he'd never know.

Oh baby. How many have you had?

Chris taps send on his message, taking a long sip of his beer as he watches the typing response bubble appear on his screen a second later.

Far too many haaaaa

Chris chuckles, his face softening, his mind beginning to imagine what you'd be like drunk. It's a sight he's not yet had the pleasure of seeing, and for a moment he can't help but wonder if tonight he'll actually get the opportunity.

Three months. Three incredible, magical months, was the amount of time that Chris had been dating you. He still remembered the first time he saw you, the day he'd walked into Dodger's first day of dog physical therapy after his first hip surgery. There you'd been, bright eyed and smiling widely, laughing as you'd lead a German Shepherd out of the therapy pool. Chris had been mesmerized, almost entirely forgetting why he was there for a moment, finally forcing himself to pull it together when you'd called out Dodger's name a minute later.

"Dodger Evans?"

Chris still remembered your voice - he'd never forget it, nor the way you'd smiled when you'd stepped forward to meet him. He'd seen the odd pang of familiarity in your face a moment later, the look that most people gave when they couldn't quite place where they'd seen him before, followed by the spark of recognition that almost always came. He'd waited for the inevitable 'Are you–?', his eyes widening in surprise when you'd only introduced yourself with a grin before bending down to meet the reason he was there. Dodger.

Dodger had loved you instantly. Looking back now, Chris pretty much had too. It was impossible not to - not with that smile, that god damn gorgeous smile that had been burnt into Chris' brain from the moment he'd first met you, or that incredibly bubbly laugh that seemed to light up the entire room around you. Or maybe it was your eyes, those deep, beautiful eyes that would unknowingly become one of Chris' all time favourite things to look at. Four months later, he still couldn't quite pinpoint exactly what it was about you, only that he knew he was more than willing to spend the rest of his days finding out.