39. Tom Holland | The Bond

By : multific | Tumblr

Vampire!AU 18th Century!AU

Request: Heyyyy babeee!!! I can't believe your requests are open again! Can I have something really angst with vampire!Tom Holland? I'm not specifying because I know your mind can always surprise me! Thanks for this 💜💜

-----

Even if you had to live on the streets, even if you lost your home, nothing could be worse than the situation you are currently in.

Your father became short in money, so he did what he thought was the best. Arranged you to marry someone rich.

The Hollands.

Everyone in the village was afraid of them, their aura was dark and they had many secrets. Rumours of them were common in the village, some said that they are so rich, they could buy the whole country, others said that they are not human, it was said that they are some sort of witches and wizards. The fact that they didn't live in the village, but on the mountain, next to the bridge, only fuelled people's imagination.

So, it was natural that when your father announced you were to marry their oldest son, you got scared. You didn't want to marry someone you didn't know, you wanted to marry out of love, as cliché as it sounds.

Thomas.

That is the name of your future husband and you will meet him tomorrow during a dinner.

Your father said that the boy's mother got everything prepared for the wedding, all you have to do is be there, smile and say 'I do' when the time comes. As for tomorrow, it will be a nice dinner, so your family could meet with your fiancé's family.

Your mothered tried to convince you that this is the only way, but you had none of it.

***

Surprisingly, when you did arrive to the Holland residency, you were impressed. Their mansion was huge and beautiful. It reminded you of a story that you read a while ago.

When you entered the house, it looked even bigger on the inside. Big and luxurious, that's how you could describe it.

As you and your parents were lead into a huge room, which you assumed was the living room, a big family was standing right in front of you. Every member introduced themselves.

Nicola Elizabeth Holland, Dominic Holland, the twins, Harry Holland, Sam Holland, the youngest Patrick Holland and finally, Thomas Stanley Holland.

The rumour about them was true, they all looked amazing. Nicki looked flawless, very well dressed and intelligent, her husband looked like a real man and held his wife by his side like she was his real treasure. The twins were tall and both handsome, Patrick was young but had charm and he looked adorable. And finally Thomas looked like a true gentleman, handsome as hell and the way his suit fitted him made you forget that he wasn't the tallest man you've ever seen. He wasn't short, he had just the right amount of height.

The dinner was awkward and uncomfortable, you had to listen as your father talked about you like you were some kind of possession.

It made you sick in the stomach.

"Don't worry about the dress, Y/N. I have a beautiful dress for you!" said Nicki as she tried to soften the mood.

"Thank you." was all you said during your stay at their home.

Even if after dinner, you and your future husband had some alone-time. It didn't help.

You two didn't even look at each other. It wasn't hatred between the two of you, it was an uncomfortable silence.