76. Zac Efron | Stop The Girl

By : allthingsfangirl101 | Tumblr 

Zac's POV

When I got the text from Y/N asking me to come over, my nerves spiked and they didn't calm down until I pulled up to her apartment. I texted her and tried to get her to tell me what was wrong, but she said she'd rather talk to me in person.

I parked my car next to her's and walked to her front door as quickly as I could without sprinting. I knocked on the door, nervously bouncing on my heels. The second she opened the door, I let out a sigh of relief.

"Hey," I sighed. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah," she said, her voice low. "Come in."

Before she could walk away, I grabbed her hand and intertwined our fingers. She smiled softly as she led me inside. We sat on the couch, neither one of us breaking the silence. I waited patiently for her to open up.

"I have to tell you something," Y/N said, playing with her fingers and avoiding my eyes.

"Y/N," I said, finally making her look at me. "I'm your best friend. You can tell me anything. You know that."

"I'm moving back home," she blurted out. My heart jumped into my throat at the idea of Y/N and I not being in the same city.

"Wait, what?" I scoffed in disbelief. "Y/N, why would you move back home? We've talked about moving to LA since we were kids."

"I know," she stuttered. "It's just things haven't really gone the way we thought. Well, they have for you but..."

"I told you," I tried to laugh, "these things take time. Soon, a publisher is going to read your book and love it!"

"You said that six years ago," she said, looking away from me.

"Y/N," I sighed.

"I've made up my mind," she cut me off. "I'm going to move back in with my mom."

"What are you going to do?"

"Well, my mom's been struggling with the store," she said, her voice getting softer with each word. "So I figured I'd go home and help her."

"You can't," I stuttered.

"Zac, I don't have a choice."

"Yes, you do!" I yelled, jumping up. As much as I tried, I couldn't control my anger.

"Zac," she gasped.

"No!" I yelled. "You're giving up, Y/N. Things are getting hard and you're running. You always do this! You run and hide."

"Zac," she tried to interrupt me.

"You want to run back home? Fine," I scoffed. "Just don't expect me to stand by you."

I turned on my heels and angrily left her apartment. Right before I slammed the door shut behind me, I heard Y/N's voice break.

"I'm sorry, Zac."

* * * * *

"And you stormed out?"

After I got home, I called my brother and started angrily venting. While I yelled over the phone, he drove over. Ever since he got here, he's listened to me rant about Y/N leaving LA.

"What else was I supposed to do?" I scoffed.

"Zac," he sighed, not hiding his disappointment. "You shouldn't have left her like that."

"She's claiming that her mom's store is struggling and she's going home to help her keep it going."

"And you don't think that's true?" Dylan asked.