152. Jai Courtney/Eric (Divergent)

By : homeofthelonelywriter | Tumblr

Summary: Tris notices that Eric is interested in a girl and comes up with a plan to get them together.

Pairing: Eric x Reader

Warning: fluff, fighting

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Who's she?" Tris nudged her boyfriend's rips and caught his attention. "Who?" His eyes wandered through the pit trying to find the girl Tris was talking about. "The one with purple hair. Who is she and why won't Eric stop staring at her?" Now, this caught Four's attention. His eyes moved to the leaders table, where the young blonde man sat, among his kin.
"You probably mean Y/N. She came here one year before you and trust me, she is not someone you want to mess with. She looks nice and pretty, and she is. Really. But as soon as she is pissed off, you want to run. The only one that's able to stand his ground against her is Eric and he is the only one she respects." Tris eyes moved from the sadistic leader to the young girl, obviously having fun with her friends. She smiled and laughed as if she had no worries.
Throwing her head back, her laugh echoed through the pit and this caught someone's attention. Blue eyes found purple hair, and Tris could swear that Eric's eyes held a kindness unknown even to her. While the girl smiled and waved at Eric, Tris noticed a slight blush on the young leader's cheeks, before he looked away. And she also noticed the disappointment the girl was trying to hide. She liked him, that much was obvious. And Tris was almost sure that he felt the same for her.
She hated Eric, but maybe his sadistic attitude would drop a bit if he has a girlfriend. Tris needed to act. Fast.

That evening Tris and Four attended a party in the pit, and much to Tris's satisfaction, Eric and Y/N attended as well. While Four and Tris sat at a table with a few of their friends, Eric sat with the leaders and Y/N was having fun on the dancefloor. She danced with her friends as if there was no tomorrow, clearly enjoying herself. This was her chance.
"Hey, Uriah. Dauntless or Candor." Tris simply started the game and smirked at her dumbfounded friend. "Ahm-uh-Dauntless!" She knew it. "I dare you to go to Y/N and dance with her. But go all in, okay? Like...you know?" Uriah looked positively scared and slightly shivered before he nodded, took a shot of whatever he ordered and stood up. The rest of the table watched him go, curious for Y/N's reaction. "What are you scheming?" Four's lips brushed against Tris's ear and she couldn't supress a light shiver. "Wait and see." Tris leaned back and watched her plan unfold.
Uriah finally reached Y/N and danced beside her for some time, until he felt brave enough to touch her. He put his hands on her waist and she froze for a second. As soon as she noticed it was Uriah though she laughed and continued to dance. Apparently, they knew each other.
Tris feared for her plan, until she noticed ice blue eyes staring at the dancing pair. If looks could kill, Uriah would've been dead by now. Eric continued to watch the two, not even blinking. It seemed innocent enough, probably the only reason Eric hadn't stepped in yet. But when Uriah spun Y/N around and pulled her flush against his body, something inside Eric snapped.
The grip around his glass was so strong, his knuckles turned white and before long, the glass broke, and blood dropped from Eric's clenched fist. Y/N's head shot around, and worried green eyes met furious blue ones. The whole pit was silent and stared at Eric. Cursing, he stood up and left the pit without looking back.
Much like a purple haired and green-eyed girl.

Y/N chased Eric through the hallways of Dauntless, until she finally caught up with him. "What happened." Her hands pulled on the arm with his wounded hand, until he caved in and turned around to let her inspect the hand. She gasped at the amount of glass in his hand and decided that she'd need a medical kid for that. Y/N let go of the hand but grabbed his other one and pulled him to his apartment. After he opened the door, she sat him down on the couch and walked to his bathroom to get the kit. She had to clean his wounds numerous of times and knew his apartment like the back of her hand.
Eric waited patiently for her to return and kept his hand still while she cleaned it. "What happened? Why did you-" Eric rolled his eyes. If it weren't for those last few pieces of glass, he would've grabbed her face and kissed her. But he didn't want to risk pressing the pieces even more into his skin. So he simply kept silent and avoided her gaze. He heard her sign depressed, but didn't lift his gaze, even though he knew he was the cause of that sigh. Only when she finished wrapping his hand in a bandage, did he look up again. And nothing could've prepared him for what he would see.
Her eyes were downcast, the lively sparkle that he could always find in them gone. She looked clearly depressed and he was about to say something, but she beat him to it.
"There. All finished." She shot him a forced smile, before she put everything back into the kit. "If you need anything, you know where I live. See ya." She stood up and made her way to the door, but this time it was him that beat her.
First, she felt his hands on her waist, slightly holding her back. After that, he spun her around and pressed her against the door. "Don't leave." His voice sounded so vulnerable that even Y/N, who probably knew him best, was shocked. She nodded, before she averted her gaze and stared at her feet. A nudge of Eric's nose against her forehead caused her to look up at the leader. "Promise you'll stay." His kept inching closer, only waiting for her answer. Even though it probably didn't take her as long, it felt as if he waited years. "I promise."
His lips crashed on hers and his hands immediately found their way onto her waist. Overcoming the initial shock, Y/N immediately kissed him back moving her own hands to his hair and ruining his perfect hairstyle. Feeling Y/N tugging on his hair caused him to tighten his grip on the girl. His hands squeezed her waist and pulled her flush against him, but what he forgot was his now bandaged hand. As he squeezed to hard, he hissed and pulled away from the kiss. A soft whimper escaped Y/N's mouth, but she quickly composed herself as she noticed that Eric was in pain.
"Let's get you into bed, big guy." She pulled on his uninjured hand and brought him to the bed room. "I understand." He winked at her, moving his hips seductively. Y/N laughed and threw a pillow at the blonde leader. "Not today Coulter. Get some sleep." She grabbed his night pants and threw them at him before she snatched his shirt and ran to the bathroom. She could hear his laughter from the other side of the door and couldn't help the smile that played along her lips.
After she was done changing, she left the bathroom and joined Eric in bed. Without hesitating, he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her flush against his body. One last kiss and both of them closed their eyes. "Good night Eric." Eric's nose nuzzled against Y/N#s hair. "Night."

Tris couldn't shake the curiosity that was coursing through her veins ever since Eric and Y/N left the pit. The next morning she couldn't focus on her breakfast and instead looked around the cafeteria. She lost all hope that her plan worked, until the doors burst open and Eric walked in, with Y/N right beside him. They were holding hands and didn't leave each other's side for one second.

Tris's plan worked, they were a couple now. But would Eric be less of a pain in the ass now? Well...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~