164. Tom Holland | POWER OF THE PRESS (I)

By : peter-is-the-best-avenger | Tumblr

Summary: You and Tom are merely co-stars, but the press have other thoughts on the matter...

Words: 1.8k (Sorry if the 'read more' doesn't work)

Pronouns: n/a (I don't actually think there's anything in this fic that suggests gender at all)

Warnings: n/a

Some help with abbreviations

Y/E/C: Your Eye Colour

Y/C/N: Your Character's Name

Y/S/N: Your Ship Name (you and Tom)

The commotion in the conference centre should have been overwhelming, what with the constant flashing of cameras and incessant blether of strangers, but, lucky for you, the people closest to you were no strangers. You were chatting with your co-stars, Elizabeth and Letitia, about your upcoming group interview for the LA portion of the Infinity War press junket. You were given your question set in advance, so you had plenty of time to rehearse your answers with them.

Just when you thought the hall couldn't get louder, a door opening raised an even larger furore as Sebastian, Anthony and Winston entered the room, having just finished their interview. Before the door could close behind them, Kevin Feige strolled into the room, calling together all the remaining cast who had yet to be interviewed. You all followed your producer through to another hall which led to the interview space.

"We're running behind schedule, so I've had to switch the groups about, is that okay with you all?" He explained, pulling out a small notepad from his back pocket and flipping through to the newest arrangements. You looked around at your colleagues, who seemed to be just as peeved as you were, but none of you were about to argue with your producer so you nodded, as did everyone else, although you were pretty sure that not even Kevin was pleased with these last minute changes.

"Alright, so Benedict and Hiddleston, you two are going first..." He checked his watch, "...actually right now. So if you head down the hall, there'll be somebody with a red lanyard to guide you." The men nodded to each other before sauntering down the hallway.

"Elizabeth and Letitia, you're in after them...that leaves...Y/N and Holland. You'll be going in after the two girls." Kevin stated before a staff member was ushering him away to discuss other matters. "You'll do great." He shouted over his shoulder as he exited the hall.

"That sucks, we can't use half of our answers now that we're missing Y/N. We're the three musketeers." Letitia remarked.

"You'll be fine. At least your questions will mostly be the same, I've no idea what they could ask us." You motioned to you and Tom, who stood opposite you, his arms crossed and his lips pressed together. You had done interviews with Tom before but Infinity War was different, due to the fact that you weren't able to talk about the film whatsoever, so interviewers were resorting to questioning the actors' upcoming projects and personal lives.

"I've an idea what they might ask..." Lizzie hinted, nudging Letitia, who had already caught on and was wiggling her eyebrows as her eyes darted between you and Tom.

"Oh shush." Tom rolled his eyes as you furrowed your eyes in confusion.

You and Tom had been on the Marvel ladder together since Civil War, and throughout filming, you had formed a close friendship both on and off camera, some would say a little too close, and as your friendship grew, so did the rumours...especially when it was leaked that yours and Tom's characters would eventually end up together.

You were both single, something that the public (and press for that matter) were painfully aware of. After the Civil War premiere, the two of you were propelled the spotlight, and the paparazzi revelled in the 'chemistry' that you both apparently radiated. You always seemed to be photographed together; whether it be between filming locations, in a café somewhere, or while taking little Tessa out for a walk; there was always speculation that you two were dating. And you would consistently shut down these relationship rumours, as would Tom, because there was nothing going on between you two. He was a work colleague and friend. Nothing more, nothing less.