37. Henry Cavill | Pretend

By : multific | Tumblr

Request: Henry and the reader are best friends, and her family keeps bugging her about finding a husband despite her being still young and Henry offers to go with her on a family lunch as her fiancé. And in the end he says he wouldn't mind if it was true.

Although you were happy being single, your family always thought otherwise. Your mother, father, aunt and brother always made comments on it. Let it be a simple phone call or family meeting, you would always hear them say that you need a man.

It annoyed the living hell out of you. Especially since you will have to go to another birthday party alone, and you had it with the comments.

It got to the point when during one night you told about this to your best friend, Henry. He knew how your family was with you for being single although he never met them, you did tell him.

You thought you were imagining things when he mentioned that he is willing to pretend to be your fiancé and he would attend the party with you. Your jaw was on the floor. You tried to reason with him that he didn't need to do this, but he was set on the idea.

And this is how you found yourself driving to your parent's house to attend your mother's birthday. Henry sitting right next to you, as calm as ever. In the end you decided that he would pretend to be your boyfriend since your mother will see right through it if you told her that he is your fiancé, especially since you never mentioned him to anyone.

You made up a story that Henry and you met two months ago and had been dating since and you didn't mention him to your parents because you thought he wasn't serious, but turned out he was. Oh you couldn't wait for your bithcy cousins to see him, their jaws will be on the floor.

"We are here." you said as you parked up in front of the house. You took a deep breath and Henry grabbed your hand as he also got out of the car. He walked up with you, in his other hand the present you brought for your mother.

You heard your heart beat in your throat as the door opened and your father came to let you in. You saw him getting shocked to see Henry, but right after you said hi to your dad, he introduced himself.

"Hello Sir, nice to finally meet you. My name is Henry, I'm your daughter's boyfriend." your dad nearly chocked as he shook Henry's hand. Then he turned around letting you both in and went running into the house yelling your mother's name.

"What's so imp-" but your mother was left breathless as she saw Henry with his best charming smile looking at her.

"Mrs. Y/L/N. It's nice to meet you, my name is Henry, I'm your daughter's boyfriend." your mother looked at your father who had an "I told you so" face.

"Welcome, come on in, let's have you introduced to everyone." she finally said, she didn't even notice that she completely forgot you.

The rest of the day was filled with shared looks between your family. One of your cousins even asked Henry if he was seriously dating you, to which he said.

"Of course." he was so believable and he even added the topping to the cake because he constantly held or kissed you.

You honestly wished that it was all true. You had a crush on him for far too long now, and this didn't help at all. But it did make you live your fantasy for a little bit even if it was all a lie.

As evening approached, you were almost ready to leave, Henry was talking to your mother as you were sitting outside in the garden. You heard someone open and close the door, you watched as Henry walked up to you and sat down beside you.

"Thank you for doing this." you said with a hushed voice.

"I really adore your family you know. After the stories you told me I expected to be worse to be honest, but I think they like me."

"They sure do." you said giving him a smile and he smiled back.

"I'm going to be honest with you, Y/N. I know that we are friends and I'm just pretending to be your boyfriend, but fuck it, I say I'm in love with you. I have been for a very long time, since you walked into set and smiled at me. I would really like this to be true and not just a pretend." he said. You were speechless. Your expression reminded Henry of your mother's when she saw him.

"I-I...what? You are joking, right? Is this a sick joke? Is this because I have a crush on you? Who made you do this?" you were about to stand up and call all the people you work with when Henry stopped you as he laughed and grabbed your hand.

"I'm not joking, Y/N. I really do love you." you looked at him, blinked once, twice and then you opened your mouth to say something but nothing came out. Your mind was completely blank. And thankfully, Henry took this opportunity and stood up, right in front of you as he cupped your face in his hands and captured your lips in a slow kiss. You immediately melted into it as your hands found their way on his shoulders and hair.

When he pulled away, you were breathless.

"Let's not pretend anymore, Y/N. Be mine please." he said, eyes begging you.

You only nodded and smiled. The exact same smile that Henry fell in love with at first sight.