96. Keanu Reeves | Good Enough

By : fortheloveoffanfic | Tumblr

- After a messy, troublesome past, Y/n is finally ready to settle down with the man of her dreams. However, when other opinions are voiced, Y/n realizes that she might not be what's best for Hollywood's sweetheart; Keanu Reeves. In an emotionally driven haste, she makes a decision that will hurt them both but can Keanu convince her to do otherwise? Warnings- Mentions of drug abuse.

-----

Gaining stardom at the tender age of fourteen had been simultaneously the best and worst thing that had ever happened to Y/n. Ever since she was child, she had adored putting on shows. She was in every school play and competed in numerous talent shows. So, when an eccentric director at a restaurant in New York randomly offered her a spot in an upcoming television series because she was "the literal embodiment of the role" she had begged her parents to let her audition. It had taken heated debates, a temper tantrum and a they had set a slew of strict conditions, but had eventually let her do it. She had gotten the part, and through out her teens, she had shot to fame. Her face was everywhere, all the time. Y/n had won awards, had been critically acclaimed and was sought after by the best of the best. Everything was great .

Was being the operative word. Unfortunately, adoration and praise wasn't the only thing that followed fame and popularity. When you're in the lime light, jealousy and hate also reign. And sometimes its too much to handle, especially when you're sixteen. Worst yet, when you're a sixteen year old working with people twice your age. She, remembered it clearly, the first time she had read something negative about herself, it was an article, some vicious rant about her 'sub par acting skills' littered among some other hateful comments about her looks. Her manager had told her to ignore it, told her that jealous people would go at any length to tear her down. But words could only provide so much comfort, not as much as the drugs that her much older friends were doing. In retrospect, maybe dating a grown man in your teens was as bad as your mother said it was. But did she listen? Of course not.

It hadn't taken a lot to push her down the rabbit hole that was the wild side of life. At only nineteen, partying until dawn, getting into fights, drinking and drug abuse had become staples of her life. Her parents had tried everything they could to get her to stop, and she had done everything she could to push them away. By then, Y/n had become more famous for her wild, edgy lifestyle than for her talent. She had dated, or rather, had sex with, a new person every week, threw parties almost twice a week and her best friends were pill sized. Of course, she had continued to work on occasion, booze and blow didn't buy itself.

Y/n's less than favorable habits took her all the way down to metaphorical rock bottom at twenty one. Left her sitting in full bathtub fully clothed crying because her so called 'boyfriend' had cheated on her with a co star. She might had done another line, it was already laid out on the edge of the tub. Her 'friends' were passing a joint around and she was going to smoke that too. Until she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror. And hated what she saw. Smeared lipstick and eyeliner, clothes were soaked, her hair was a mess. She looked like everything she never wanted to be. How had she gotten there? It was then, after crying herself sober, that she realized that that wasn't the life she wanted.

Now, that night was almost ten years ago. These days, the only kind of drunk she got was wine drunk on the sofa after movie night. Or perhaps after a couple glasses at dinner in nice restaurants with her fiancée. Yes, fiancée, a man who was unlike any other she had ever been with. Then again, there really weren't a lot of men like Keanu Charles Reeves. He was kind, considerate, funny, treated her right despite her past, and the cherry on top was that he was insanely good in bed. Whoever said that good guys didn't know their way around the bedroom was sorely wrong.