64. Dylan O'Brien | Leave A Message After The Beep

By : allthingsfangirl101 | Tumblr 

Dylan's POV

I walked into my trailer after a full day of filming. I sat on the couch and opened my phone, ready to distract myself with social media but I got sidetracked when I saw I had a missed call from Y/N.

She never left me messages unless it was something serious. I clicked on the voicemail, worried something happened. The second the message started, there was a weird rustling sound, almost like her phone was in her purse or pocket.

I heard Y/N take a shaky breath as a guy started talking to her. I instantly recognized the voice as her older brother, Y/B/N. As I listened to the message, I soon realized I wasn't supposed to hear this conversation.

"Come on, Y/N. Give me one good reason why you won't."

"I can't," she stuttered. "If I did... It would ruin everything."

"You don't know that, kiddo. He could feel the same way."

He? Y/N has a crush on someone? Why wouldn't she tell me?

"I... I can't."

"Y/N, I know opening up to someone is scary. Before I started dating Ann, I was terrified to ask her out. And now, we're married and expecting a baby."

"That's great, Y/B/N, but things are different between me and Dylan. If I told him... I could lose him."

My heart jumped into my throat when she said my name. I was the guy she had a crush on?

"You're gonna lose him if you keep pushing him away, Y/N."

I thought about it for a second. She hasn't been answering my calls, she takes forever to respond to a text and suddenly started coming up with excuses whenever I called to try and hang out.

Maybe she was trying to push me away.

I snapped back to Y/N and her brother when I heard him sigh. "You and Dylan have been best friends since you were little. You could never lose him. Dylan is the only person you've ever opened up to, other than me, but you gotta open all the way."

"It's scary," she stuttered. "What if he... What if he doesn't feel the same way? What if I tell him how I feel and he rejects me? Sure, it could end well and we could be happy together but... What if it doesn't end well? I could lose him and I... I can't lose him, Y/B/N."

"You're not going to lose him by telling him by telling him how you feel, Y/N."

I waited for Y/N to respond but she didn't. Instead, I heard her brother sigh before saying, "Y/N, can I tell you something about guys?"

"Sure," Y/N sighed.

"We often look at the girl when she's not looking."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"It means," he laughed. "I've seen the way Dylan looks at you when you aren't looking. I've seen the way he is always willing to help you, always jumping at the chance to make you laugh. Your smile becomes his smile. He's addicted to you, Y/N. He always wants to be around you, to be with you. Dylan loves you, kiddo."

"Sure," Y/N scoffed. "He loves me as a friend. Nothing more."

"You don't know that," Y/B/N sighed.

"Yeah, well," she cleared her throat. "You don't know he does."

"Listen to me, kiddo. You will be a lot happier if you open up to him and tell him."