151. Keanu Reeves | Distance

By : ficsnroses | Tumblr

Word Count : 3.5k

Warnings : Angst, Fluff. Long Distance Relationship for a short period. Slight Jealousy?

Summary : An argument breaks lose during a phone call between Y/N and Keanu, while Keanu is away from home filming for an extended period of time.

A snow storm front had caved in that evening, draping the entire town in a fluffy blanket of frigid, icy frost. Y/N sat by the window, dressed in her cozy flannel pajamas, reserved only for chilly nights like this; her favourite plush slippers resting at her feet. With her chin propped on her crossed arms that rest on the ledge, she watches the flakes fall,

slowly,

slowly,

slowly,

cascading down, peppering each surface.

A lavender winter night had always been one of her favourite sights, the lilac, almost mauve light of the sky, erratic. The serenity it brought to the world, so rare. Everything in the town seemed at ease, and if you listened soundlessly, the gentle hum, a purr of the wind propelling snow around the atmosphere could be caught. She had the fireplace lit, radiating waves of warmth around her, the crackle of the blaze chiming in every now and then.

With an untouched novel at her side, and a calmative playlist compiled of her favourite acoustics playing mellow in the background, she feels at ease.

Or at least she tries to.

There was one thing missing from the home tonight, that rather had been missing for a while now. Her fiancé, Keanu. He was on the other side of the country, filming in sunny New Orleans. He had been gone for around a month and a half now, and wasn't due back for at least another two. He had made sure she was okay with him leaving, before he did. They'd discussed it, assuring they could brave through the distance, and make it work. It was only 3 and a half months, right?

~

"Hi!" Y/N greets, walking in the kitchen of their shared home. Keanu is sat on the dining table, laptop at his hands, supposedly responding to emails.

"Hey, darling." Keanu smiles, standing to capture her in a hug. As she sets her bags down on the marbled countertop, she feels his arms snake her waist, planting a feather light kiss to her cheek. As she pulls back, she sees an unbreakable grin still plastered on his lips, his hazel orbs shining, gleaming, a rosy hue visible, a complete warmth to his cheeks. He seems happier than normal.

"You seem cheery today?" she giggles, ruffling his hair, swaying a few strands out of his eyes. He was for sure overdue for a trim, but refused to get one. He preferred to keep his locks on the lengthier side. She didn't mind, she loved the raggedy-ness of his look, found it quite cute and sexy.

"Just happy to see my baby." He grins, staring her lips, closing in to press a closed mouth kiss. She chuckles, placing her hands on his biceps as he holds her.

"Hmm...okay." She's skeptical, there was definitely more to it. "Are you going to tell me what's actually got you so...happy?" she suggests, for lack of better words. He laughs gently, before looking down for a brief moment. He sighs, bringing his gaze up to connect with hers again. He's silent for a few more moments, plausibly gathering his words.

"Okay. You know that project me and Ed were trying to get started? But there was a bunch of problems with producers and all that?"

"Of course..." her lips begin to curl into a smile, seeing where he was heading with this explanation. She could tell how passionate, excited, cheerful the proposition of this project had got him. He'd been trying to get all the logistics figured out for close to a year now, trying his best. She'd supported him along the entire way, knowing how much it meant to him.