157. Tom Holland | Oh My God, They Were Roommates

By : waitimcomingtoo | Tumblr

Pairing: Tom Holland x Reader

Synopsis: You're tired of denying your relationship in every interview, but Tom insists on keeping it a secret. Lucky for you, he's terrible at keeping secrets

-----

Secretly dating Tom Holland was not an easy job. You were his on and offscreen girlfriend, no people naturally wanted you to be together in real life. Towards the beginning of your relationship, you both agreed to keep it private. You'd managed to deny relationship rumors for over a year until you discovered something:

You and Tom were really really bad at keeping it a secret.

Far too many times, you'd do or say something that confirmed your relationship. And far too many times, you'd have to go on twitter to say it was a joke and that you and Tom were just friends. You hated lying to your fans about the nature of your relationship, and Tom wasn't fond of it either. You didn't want to lie anymore. You were ready for the world to know. And yet, the worst secret keeper in Hollywood was determined to keep it a secret.

It all started with social media.

You had stirred up rumors that you and Tom were dating when you dyed your hair red after being cast as MJ and posted a photo of it, captioning it "Face it tiger...". Tom couldn't help himself from commenting "I hit the jackpot." The Spider-Man and MJ reference did not go over people's heads and the rumors were born.

"This would be such a cute way to confirm our relation." You smiled as your scrolled through the comments of your picture. "We should tell them."

"Not yet, darling. I'm not ready for the world to know." Tom said, much to your disappointment.

"Okay. No, I get it." You gave him a small smile and kissed his cheek, dropping the subject.

A few weeks later, you sent out a tweet that read, "Tom just hit a pothole so hard that he's American now.", leaving fans to wonder why you were together on your day off.

"They caught us. They know we're on a date." You said from the passenger seat.

"Friends can hang out on days off. That doesn't mean we're a couple." Tom replied and you looked over at him.

"But we are a couple." You reminded him, a little hurt at his phrasing.

"They don't need to know that. I wouldn't even respond to it. Don't feed the flame." Tom shrugged and shot you a smile. You faked a smile back and nodded.

"You're right. I won't respond." You put your phone down and looked out the window, hoping he couldn't sense your disappointment.

Then, it escalated to interviews.

"Does your friendship ever interfere with shooting the romantic scenes? Like, were you ever shooting a cuddling scene or a date scene where you were grossed out because you had to do romantic things with your friend?" The interviewer asked. You couldn't help but laugh at the irony.

"Was it weird to do romantic things with my friend Tom? That's a great question." You said and Tom laughed from beside you, also seeing the irony. "It was pretty weird since we are such good friends."

"The best of friends." Tom egged on.

"Definitely." You gave an over exaggerated nod. "He's like family to me."

"Like brother and sister." Tom added and you burst out laughing. Tom laughed at your reaction and suddenly, you're both hunched over laughing while the interviewer watched with a confused smile.