93. Tom Hiddleston | On Set

By : your-highnessmarvel

Requested by Anon: may I request an imagine where Tom Hiddleston is on set of Kong: Skull Island and he defends the reader after seeing her getting harassed by a crew member? maybe they're on a lunch break or something? thank you!

-----

You were reading over the script for the hundredth time as you bit down into your sandwich. The hot and harsh sun overhead was cooking your exposed skin, making you sweat and scrunch up your face. Your meal was getting soggy and your water was warm, not ice cold like you liked it.

"Excuse me ma'am." A man appeared in front of your table. One of the camera crew members. His name was...

"Ivar hey," you greeted, eyes squinted in the sun. He was a middle-aged divorcee with really bad teeth hygiene. Despite his weird and bitter self, sometimes, he was nice.

"May I sit?" he asked.

"Yes, of course," you answered. "I'm just going over the script to see when they'll need me." He sat down slowly, looking over the stuff on the picnic table, brows furrowed.

You were sitting away from everyone else. You never liked sitting with the entire crew; producers, tech crew, actors. They were nice, but they never gave you the mental break that you could have when you were alone.

"I wonder why they don't have you on the other side of that camera," he said, hands displayed on the wood of the table.

You frowned. "What, why?"

"Because you're so damn beautiful," he answered quickly.

"Oh, thanks, Ivar, but I-"

He interrupted you with a booming laugh, making you jump. You could feel the hairs at the back of your neck stand on their own. Something was not right.

"We should go for a beer back home sometime," he suggested, fingers drumming on the table.

You pushed your hair away from your face, blushing, awkwardly shifting in your seat. "Ivar, I don't think..." you trailed off. You never knew how to let guys down easy. You didn't want to offend him, in fear that he'd go talk smack to the producers and directors.

"You don't think what?" he spat, the tone of his voice making your eyes snap up to him. "You don't think we can or you just don't want to?"

You rose to your feet, quickly grabbing your stuff. "Ivar, let's just go back to work and-"

He rose to his own feet quickly, hands turned into fists. "Work doesn't start for another fifteen, Y/N," he cooed. "Come on, sit with me."

You stared at him with round eyes. "I-I just I um..."

"Hey, Y/N, there you are!"

You turned to the voice, watching as Tom walked your way with a stunning smile on his face. His dirty blond hair was unruly and curly over his head, his blue orbs shining in the hot sun.

When he got to your table, his eyes wandered from you to Ivar and back. You and Tom never spoke before. You'd only seen him when filming scenes, but or else, he was always reading on his own or disappearing to God knows where. He'd never said a word other than a casual nod your way whenever your paths crossed.

"Ivar, is something wrong?" Tom asked, cocking his head, the tone of his voice letting you know that he'd probably seen the whole affair.

"Actually," Ivar answered, "Y/N and I were just talking."

Tom smiled sarcastically. "Of course," he said. Then he turned to you, eyes searching yours for any sign of distress. When he saw how tense you were, shoulders up and neck taunt, he nodded to himself. "Just stay away from her, Ivar," he then said, turning a hard stare towards the other man.

"We were just talking," the man grumbled, obviously offended.

"Yes, and now you will never talk to her again," Tom snapped. You'd always seen Tom as gentle and caring, not this protective side of him.

Ivar sighed, grumbling nonsense under his breath, but nonetheless vanished. As you watched him leave, Tom invaded your vision with a look of concern written all over his features.

"Are you all right?" he asked lowly, his tone laced with apprehension.

You nodded. "Yeah," you breathed. "Um, thank you."

Tom carefully placed a hand on your shoulder, looking at you deeply, making sure you were telling the truth. "If you want," he said slowly, "you can come sit with me and Brie." His brows rose and you smiled.

"Sure," you answered, gathering your things. You followed him, happy that he'd saved you from the clutches of Ivar and was also being extremely careful not to make you uncomfortable.

"Brie is going to love you," Tom said with a little laugh. "She kinda needs a friend here on set who isn't fawning over her hair."

You laughed, following him, knowing something incredible was going to happen.