200. Chris Evans | Surprise at the Oscars

By : my-emotional-self | Tumblr

Pairings: Chris Evans x Reader

Warnings: Swearing, Fluff

-----

It was a gift from your parents for your 30th birthday; a trip planned to Los Angeles, California. You had always wanted to go and see the sights that were always present in movies. The only downside of this trip was that you were missing the Oscar's. As this was a gift, you were grateful beyond belief and you weren't going to let missing the Oscar's get you down. Instead, you made sure to tape it so you could watch it when you got back home.

Now you were sitting on a double decker bus on the StarLine Tour. You had decided to get a 72 hour pass for the tour and yesterday you took the Purple Route which brought you to the Staples Center, Union Station, Olvera Street, Chinatown and Grand Central Market. It was amazing just exploring a new city by yourself and you were in awe.

Today you were on the Red Route and so far you had seen the Chinese Theatre, Hollywood Walk of Fame, Sunset Strip and Rodeo Drive. The tour wasn't over yet and you didn't even bother trying to figure out where you were going next; you just took in the scenery and all the beautiful sights.

The tour bus stopped and you were too busy day dreaming to see where you were. "Alright ladies and gentlemen, we've got a special surprise for you all this evening," the tour guide spoke over the microphone. He motioned for everyone to get off the bus and you were soon standing with the small group of tourists in what looked like a back lot of some kind.

You were at the front of the line, being ushered through a dark hallway and you soon found your heart rate begin to accelerate. Seeing one too many horror movies, this did not seem good, but you kept your mouth shut and kept walking. Before long you came upon a man dressed impeccably well; black suit, white button up shirt and a black tie. Furrowing your brows you looked back to see the rest of the group seem rather confused, just as you were.

"Are you guys excited for your surprise?" the dressed up man announced with an eager smile on his face.

The group murmured their excitement as you tried to rack your brain as to what was going on. The man beamed another bright smile as his hand went to the doorknob. "Right this way," he said as he opened the door, motioning to go through. As you were the first in the group, you walked forward into another small hallway before turning right through an archway where you immediately froze.

"I am definitely way underdressed," you whispered as you took in the crowd of people sitting in the theater, wearing suits and evening gowns. The crowd began cheering as you found the courage to begin walking in front of the large crowd.

"Hello there! Welcome to the Dolby Theatre," you head a man say and you looked up to see it was non-other than Jimmy Kimmel himself. Realization began to dawn on you in that moment. You were in the Dolby Theatre, there were gowns and suits; you were at the Oscars and you were wearing jeans and a Marvel t-shirt.

Jimmy Kimmel came over to you, motioning for you to stand front and center; his hand on your shoulder. "This is the home of the Academy Awards, which are in fact happening right now."

By now your heart was beating a mile a minute as you stood in front of actors and actresses whom you loved, and looked up to you. "Hi there, I see your name is Y/N," Jimmy spoke after seeing your name tag on your shirt.

"Yes, yep, I'm Y/N," you stammered out; your throat dry as the Sahara desert. Everyone in your tour group had their phones out, taking pictures and videos of everyone in attendance but you couldn't even comprehend to think about getting your phone out of your purse; you were too in awe of what you were witnessing right now.