69. Zac Efron | Apology Flowers

By : allthingsfangirl101 | Tumblr 

Zac's POV

By the time we were finally finished filming, it was late. I walked back to my trailer, rolling my shoulders to try and relieve some of the tension. I plopped down onto the couch and leaned my head against the cushion.

I sighed when I heard my phone go off. I sat up and grabbed it off the table. When I turned it on, my stomach felt like I had just been punched. I had 4 missed calls, 8 unopened texts, and one voicemail from Y/N. I also had one text from my brother that made my heart bungee jump into my stomach.

Dylan 😎: Hey, man. How was your anniversary dinner with Y/N? She was pretty excited about it when I talked to her.

"Shit," I mumbled as I quickly called Y/N. I held my breath as it rang and rang and rang. I jumped up and started pacing back and forth as I waited for her to answer. When it went to voicemail, I immediately started to try and explain.

"Hey, babe. I am so so so so so sorry! We have been filming nonstop since I walked onto set this morning. I just walked into my trailer for the first time all day. I'm so sorry, Y/N. I really hope you weren't... Of course, you were waiting long for me. Shit. I'm so sorry. You have every right to be furious with me. And you can be angry with me and hold this over my head for as long as you want. I deserve it. I'm so sorry, Y/N. Please call me back. I love you."

I hung up the phone and aggressively threw it back onto the couch. I swore as I angrily ran my fingers through my hair. I looked at the clock on the wall to see it was almost 10:30.

Our dinner reservations were for 7. Originally, I was supposed to be done filming by 6, rush home, shower, and meet Y/N at the restaurant. I sat back down on the couch, feeling like a complete jerk.

Y/N and I have been dating for two years today. I've been late for dates, I've left the country suddenly, and I've come home at 3 am. I've done some truly crappy boyfriend things, but I have never stood her up on a date without texting her at least two hours in advance.

I couldn't help but wonder how long she was sitting at the restaurant waiting for me. I slowly grabbed my phone that had fallen onto the floor, gathering the courage to go through the missed texts and calls. My heart sank into my stomach, my guilt building as I read through her messages.

Sent as 5:30 p.m.
Y/N ❤️: Hey, babe. I'm getting ready! So excited for tonight! Love you!!

Sent at 6:43 p.m.
Y/N ❤️: I'm heading to the restaurant! You on your way?

Sent at 6:57 p.m.
Y/N ❤️: I beat you! Lol. You close?

Missed call from Y/N ❤️ at 7:09 p.m.

Sent at 7:12 p.m.
Y/N ❤️: Hey, babe. Let me know when you're on your way, okay? Love you.

Missed call from Y/N ❤️ at 7:33 p.m.

Sent at 7:46 p.m.
Y/N ❤️: Hey, babe. I tried calling you twice. Everything alright?

Sent at 8:02 p.m.
Y/N ❤️: Hey, babe. I hate to be that girlfriend that texts a million times, but are you okay? I haven't heard from you and it's getting late. Please text me so I know you're okay. Love you.

Missed call from Y/N ❤️ at 8:05 p.m.

Sent at 8:19 p.m.
Y/N ❤️: Where are you? Is everything okay? Zac, please call me. I'm starting to get really worried...