156. Jai Courtney/Eric | Listen To Me

By : sparklemichele | Tumblr

Just some Eric fluff.

"I need you to stay here in the apartment! Do not come out until I come for you." Eric told you as more gunshots fired throughout the compound. You shook your head no.

"No Eric! I can help fight!" you shouted above the sound of gunfire that was getting closer. You knew this day would come. The rebellion factionless had come to attack Dauntless.

"Y/N! Listen to me! I won't be able to fight if I know you are in danger." He told you grabbing your arm tightly.

"Ok...Ok." You told him as he grabbed his gun and ran out the door. You paced the apartment for a few moments terrified. You could not just do anything. You ran to the closet where Eric kept his gun stash, grabbed a gun and open the door to face the factionless. You met a couple of factionless who did not hesitate to raise their guns at you. You were able to bring them down before they could fire at you. You ran to the pit to look for Eric when the gunfire suddenly stopped an Four ran into you.

"It's over." He told you as he ran passed you. You needed to find Eric. You ran to the pit and took a sharp intake of breath as you saw multiple bodies lying on the floor.

You saw the love of your life lying on the floor bleeding from the back of his head.

"Oh God no!" you gasped as you ran to him, dropped your gun and knelt down beside him.

"Eric baby can you hear me?"

Eric's eyes fluttered but they did not open. You quickly looked around and saw other Dauntless injured. Dauntless won against the factionless but you guys were hurt pretty bad.

"Someone please help me!" you shouted to whoever could hear you. The pit started to fill up with non-injured Dauntless and they started to help the injured. You saw one of the infirmaries doctors Michael.

"Michael! Please help! Looks like he was hit in the head with something heavy...it's not a gunshot is it?" you asked as Michael knelt beside Eric, inspect his wound, opened Eric's eyes and used a pen light to see if his pupils reacted to the light.

"Looks like someone one hit him with something metal and really heavy. We need to get him to the infirmary. Patrick! Matthew come load Eric up and get him to the infirmary stat!"

You started to tear up.

"He will be ok Y/N." Michael said as they loaded Eric on a stretcher.

Michael had to tell you to step back as they worked on Eric in the infirmary because you refused to leave his side holding his hand tight.

"Y/N...you have to let us help him and we can't with you in the way. Can you help Melissa and Kristin with the other injured? I promise I will keep you updated." Michael told you squeezing your shoulder. You nodded as you helped the nurses Melissa and Kristin with the other injured Dauntless. You held yourself together as you helped the best you could all the while looking over as Michael worked on Eric. After about a long agonizing hour Michael told you Eric was awake. You sprinted next to your man. He slowly opened his eyes as you caressed his cheek.

"How do you feel?" you asked before kissing his forehead.

"Pissed off." Eric said hoarsely. You smiled....yep Eric was back. "Some bastard snuck behind me and hit me in the head. If I ever find him I'm going to kill him."

"Eric baby lets focus on getting you better. Michael when can I take him home?"

"I need to keep him overnight but he should be fine tomorrow as long as he takes it easy."

"Can I stay with him?"

"Of course." Michael pulled up a chair next to Eric's bed for you. You took Eric's hand and squeezed it.
"I thought I told you to stay in the apartment until I came for you." He said wincing as he turned to look at you.

"Eric you know that I could not just stand by and do nothing. I'm glad I didn't listen to you because I'm the one that found you."

"When I tell you to do something you listen to me!" Eric voice raised and you were hurt that he didn't see that you had to do something and if anything you may have saved his life.

"Eric...."

"Don't Eric me Y/N! Next time you fuckin listen to me." He snapped. Tears rolled down your cheek. Why was he like this? His face softens when he saw your tears and he leaned over despite his pain and wiped them away.

"Y/N.....I would never forgive myself if something happen to you." He voice becoming soft.

"You could have died." You whispered. "I would never have forgiven myself if you died and there was something I could have done."

"Come here." You got up, leaned over and Eric hugged you tight. "I want you to go back to the apartment. I will be home tomorrow."

You shook your head no. "I'm not leaving you."

"Y/N....what did I just say about listening to me."

You stood your ground and told him you were not leaving. What was he going to do get up and drag you back to the apartment? Realizing he lost the battle Eric accepted that you were not leaving and you stayed by his side all night.

Back at the apartment, you catered to Eric even though it irritated the hell out of him in being helpless. It was doctors' orders that he take it easy the next few days. He was itching to help plan an attack on the remaining rebelling factionless. You crawled into bed with Eric who was trying to take the bandage wrap off his head.

"Eric stop!" you snapped as you grabbed his hand. "It's not ready to come off yet."

Eric sighed, lied back in the bed and pulled you into his arms.

"Y/N...you know I am not a man who expresses his feelings."

"I know." You whispered looking up at him. "I-"

"Let me finish.....will you listen to me for once in your life.....I do want to thank you for finding me, probably saving my life and being here for me now. It means a lot to me. I hope you know that."

You squeezed him tight.

"I know Eric...I know....even though we never expressed this I want you to know that I love you." You kissed his neck and you felt him shiver.

"Y/N...I love you too."

You smiled as you snuggled in his neck, as you already knew he did but it was nice to finally hear him say it.