44. Sebastian Stan | The Plan

By : multific | Tumblr

Sebastian Stan x Reader

Summary: The plan was simple, get you comfortable with kids again.

Children didn't scare you, they terrified you.

But not like one would think. It wasn't there presence that scared you, if anything, it was their vulnerability.

And that was because of an accident.

You remember it very clearly, you were only a fifteen year old when you visited your aunt's.

She had a three-year-old son.

In the beginning, you two had a great time while you played with him, but soon, it turned to become a nightmare.

You turned your head to get a drink one second, the next thing you know, he was already climbing up a tree in the backyard where you played previously.

When you went to grab him, so he won't fall, you only made things worse.

He fell, badly. And you can still remember his painful crying or when your parents and aunt rushed outside.

Of course, they didn't blame you, it was an accident and they left a teen alone with a young child. But you, you knew it was your fault, and because of you, he had a broken arm.

Ever since then, you couldn't go near children. You were afraid you'd hurt them. But that never meant you hated them.

The truth was that you admired them. Their energy, their innocence and their cuteness.

But the accident hunted you for the rest of your life.

And now, that you finally found the love of your life. The man you'll live for the rest of your life, your husband, Sebastian Stan.

You had told him a long time ago about what happened, and he knew it still hunted you.

He told you many times not to blame yourself, you wanted to believe him, but you convinced yourself a long time ago that it was indeed your fault.

But now, after three years of dating and three years of marriage, Sebastian wanted to move to the next step, he wanted children or one child. But he didn't tell you. How could he? He would only scare you away, but he was convinced, convinced that you'd be an amazing mother, since you know so much about children, convinced that everything would be fine.

So, he made up a plan with the help of a good friend.

Anthony Mackie.

He had three children of his own. Sure you have been over to his place before, and you have met with them, but you never went further than just watching them play with Seb.

Right now, Sebastian was at Mackie's place, setting his plan in motion.

"Alright! Everyone knows what they have to do right?"

Mackie could only observe as his kids sat in front of his friend, he looked like a general giving information to his team.

"We ask auntie Y/N to play with us!" one of the children said.

"That's right! What else?"

"We ask her for everything! To help us eat." Another one answered.

"That's right! And if you all keep this a secret and do as you were asked, all of you get a biiig surprise!"

"YAAY!" the children cheered enthusiastically, except for the smallest one, she was barely one and could barely understand the situation. But she liked you the most, Seb could tell. She always had a look on her small face when you were there. But for some reason, she was too scared to ask you or talk to you, which was weird considering his father's and siblings extroverted behavior.

Little did she know that she played the biggest part in Sebastian's plan.

***

The next day was the big day.

You were to visit Mackie and his family. You were a bit scared, but so far everything went well. While Seb played with the kids, you chatted with Anthony and Sheletta. You told them the reason, why you didn't play with their kids, because you didn't want them to make the wrong assumption. So, as soon as you got to the house, and entered the backyard, you were ready for your chat with Sheletta.

But not this time.

As soon as you sat down, two out of the three children were jumping up and down, wanting to play with you, and only you.

You tried to reason with them, told them you were tired and they have to play with Seb, but nothing worked.

And eventually, they got what they wanted.

You had an anxious feeling in your stomach the whole time, but since you had to constantly run after them, you often forgot about your anxiety.

It wasn't until after lunch when you finally had time for yourself. You sat alone, on the bench under a tree.

You thought about what happened. You played with children. And they didn't get hurt. They didn't cry. All you remember was laughter. Nothing bad. No broken arms, no cries. No one got hurt. No one had to come and help you out. You did it all alone.

When you looked up in front of you, there stood Mackie's smallest child, the little princess. You were so occupied with her brothers, you forgot that she was there.

But she was. She watched as you played with her siblings, pacifier in her mouth, her favourite plush bunny in her small hands. She watched as you never smiled. She watched as you were worried about her brothers.

She stood in front of you. You surprised yourself when you spoke in a soft tone.

"What is it, Honey?" but she never replied, all she did was to come closer, she climbed onto your lap and cuddled you.

You couldn't take your eyes of off her. She looked so small and like a little angel.

She soon fell asleep in your arms.

That was it.

That was the moment your wall finally broke down. You even heard it crumble to pieces. The wall you built in yourself for not your, but their protection. And this little angel just came in, like it was nothing and broke it down.

A tear escaped your eyes. You soon found yourself silently sobbing. You hugged her a bit closer to yourself and when you looked towards the porch, you noticed Sebastian standing there, looking at you.

He came out to look for her, he never told her to come and look for you. It was all her.

And when he found her, in your arms, sleeping peacefully, pacifier nearly fallen out of her mouth, he looked at you.

All he saw was pure happiness, all fear gone.

And he knew, his plan worked.