133. Jake Gyllenhaal | Surprise, We're Married!

By : spideyrights | Tumblr

request: "Hi! I was wondering if you could write something with Jake, in which the reader and him are dating but in interviews they always say they are just friends (but everybody knows they are together) and one day in an interview Jake or the reader reveal that they got married? haha i don't know if it is confusing, btw love your work" - thank you for the request and the compliment! i loved writing this

summary: you and jake reveal quite the piece of news during a wired autocomplete interview

warnings: none!

------

You and Jake had said repeatedly that you were purely friends and, in all fairness, when you first said it, you both meant it. After starring as love interests together a few years back, your press junket was filled with "Are you two dating?" or "How do you have such good chemistry together?" or your personal favourite, "Did you have to practice the kissing scenes before you did them on screen?". It certainly didn't help that the movie was such a great success, becoming a classics of the romantic genre meaning it was twice as hard for people to separate the idea of you two together.

Whilst filming that first movie together it was evident that you and Jake had a strange kind of relationship. You knew how Jake acted with some of his other co-stars whom were your mutual friends and even they commented on how Jake was different around you. At first you thought it meant he didn't like you which was upsetting to say the least considering you had had a massive crush on the guy since you had seen him in Donnie Darko which tragically resurfaced upon meeting him for real. Though you soon came to see that Jake was actually becoming increasingly flirtatious as the two of you warmed up to each other. Not to mention the longing looks when the other couldn't see, the intense eye contact for just a little too long, the way one persons eyes would flit to the others lips for just a second only to be repeated by the other moments later and also the constant way you'd make excuses to hang out with each other and each other only. You had a rule, however, one which Jake was entirely aware of. You'd sworn to never date any of your co-stars whilst you were working with them in fear of making things unprofessional and potentially awkward.

So Jake waited it out.

You did press together. All the questions about your relationship came hurtling towards the pair of you but you both brushed them off casually insisting that you were just 'very close friends' despite you both knowing that there was a little something else, something unspoken, between you.

When you hadn't heard from Jake for a whole 24 hours after press for the film was over you were disappointed but quite frankly not surprised. Of course this whole thing would only last as long as you had to be around each other. That would no longer be the case. You almost scolded yourself for thinking any differently.

You were proven wrong when you opened your door to a disheveled Jake who didn't hesitate before pulling you into a long, passionate, well-deserved kiss. Nothing more had to be said. So you began dating. Covertly, of course. You spent time together in secret locations, sometimes being caught in photographs together but you would clarify in every interview you had following incidents that you were simply friends.

Your press tours, no matter what movie, no matter what co-star, always seemed to come back to questions of you and Jake, Jake having the same experience. Though you denied it, everyone seemed to know the obvious truth. It was peculiar after all that for four years of you guys being 'friends', neither of you dated or ever mentioned a romantic interest in anyone else publicly. Yeah it was kind of obvious.

So here you both were now, having filmed your second movie together, on a press tour once again but this time your relationship was slightly different. You had gotten married about a month earlier. The ceremony was small and intimate in order to avoid too many people finding out but it didn't take long for the two of you to decide it was finally time to announce it publicly.

"How old is Jake Gyllenhaal?" Jake read aloud from the white board you held in your shaking hands. You tried to push aside the fact that you knew what one of the questions on your board was and exactly how you were going to answer it. "I'm 38, so I'm just about to clock in on some senior citizen discounts."

You smiled fondly at Jake. How was he able to be so calm right now?! Sure this thing wasn't live but after many long years you were actually going to admit to being together and more than just together, being married. "Finally, some interesting questions." Jake grinned, holding your board in his hands and you smiled knowingly back at him.

"Is (Y/N) (Y/L/N) a model?" he read aloud for you. "I used to be, that's how I got into acting but I no longer am. Luckily. It sucks."

"Is (Y/N) (Y/L/N) working with Jake Gyllenhaal?"

"I have worked with Jake twice actually. This is the second time. Please go see the film so we can get paid, thank you." You found it hard to push the humour to the forefront of your brain as you watched Jake peel back the sticker to the next question with a content smile on his face. "Can't wait for this one." He mumbled under his breath.

"Is (Y/N) (Y/L/N) single?"

"Jake I'll let you answer this one." you joked, your grin growing. "I think the answer is in your pocket sweetheart." You pulled your wedding ring from your jacket pocket, reacting in mock shock to it. "That's so crazy, where did I get this?"

"Probably the same place I got this one." Jake commented, pulling his wedding band from his jeans and slipping it on to his ring finger as you did the same. "Woo that's a relief. My hand feels weird without this thing on." you comment, flexing your hand with your ring back on.

"Surprise everyone!" Jake cheered, earning giggles from the crew behind the camera before he placed a chaste kiss to your forehead, throwing the board over his shoulder in order to move his arm to sling around your shoulders, pulling you close. "No one cares about the other questions, that's all you're getting."