168. Tom Holland | POWER OF THE PRESS (V)

By : peter-is-the-best-avenger | Tumblr

Words: A stunning 2.4k to close it all (So sorry if the read more doesn't work)

Pronouns: None used.

Warnings: Some Infinity War spoilers may be hinted at? But if you're still avoiding spoilers at this stage then I really don't know what to tell you.

Abbreviation Help - Y/C/N: Your character's name

The sun shone as bright as an infinity stone as the warm glow of evening cast an orange hue over central Hollywood, illuminating the lush purple carpet of the Avengers: Infinity War World Premiere.

You stepped out of your SUV into the blistering LA heat as you arrived at the El Capitan Theatre, wherein which you were greeted with flashing lights, the sound of squawking paparazzi and, most prominently, the never-ending screams of Marvel fans, some of whom had been waiting since yesterday just to get a glimpse of their idols.

The press had been calling this one of Hollywood's largest premieres of all time, which was evident once you saw the sheer length of the carpet, which spanned almost the entire length of Hollywood Boulevard - rather fitting for a movie with the word 'infinity' in its title.

As you met with your security team, your publicist scrolled through one of Sony's company phones, discussing arrangements with someone on her Bluetooth in-ears.

"Wonderful. We're right on schedule, then. We'll be over to you shortly." She held her hand up to her ear, silencing the call as she turned to you.

"Was that Tamara and LZ?" You asked her.

"The very same."

As you scanned the carpet you could see the two aforementioned hosts chatting with Letitia for Marvel's live coverage of the event. Your publicist beckoned you along the walkway, instructing you on this evening's proceedings for what must have been the twelfth time.

"So, we'll do some autographs first, be sure to get plenty of fan interaction for those wearing red lanyards. Those are—"

"—The competition winners and social media guests, I know." You finished her sentence, copying the low drawl in her voice to which she did not seem amused.

"...Yes. Then, after your interview with Tamara and LZ, you go to the press line. Talk to reporters, get some pictures, engage with some of the other stars - it's up to you."

"I got it, Tia. Thanks." You gave her a half-hearted thumbs up. As she walked away, you felt a hand place itself firmly on your shoulder.

"Well, if it isn't Y/N Y/L/N."

You'd recognise that household voice anywhere. You turned to find the one and only Phil Coulson with his arms outstretched for a hug. You hadn't seen the actor in about a year since your character had a cameo on Agents of Shield.

"Clark! How have you been?" You exclaimed, accepting his embrace as the fans around you began cheering and snapping photos.

"Can't complain. Here, let me get a selfie with you." Clark said, eagerly fishing into his pocket for his phone. You laughed at his inability to take a photo as he found it difficult to operate the touch screen, much to the revel of the onlooking Marvel enthusiasts.

After your selfie, you said your goodbyes to Clark so that he could go for his interview on the rostrum, while you approached some of your fans who were screaming your name for autographs and photos.

"Hey guys, what's happening?" You waved as your security led you along the carpet towards members of the fandom. You spent a while signing Infinity War posters and trying to take photographs with as many people as you could while other stars arrived on the carpet.