172. Tom Holland | Hoodies and Disloyalities

By : hollandroos | Tumblr

Request: Tom hanging out with his mates and they start talking about how annoying it is when their girlfriends steal their hoodies or shirts and he personally loves it when reader wears his stuff but he's trynna not seem soft so he goes along and calls it the most frustrating thing about you and you hear him because he thought you were still in the restroom so over time he realizes all his clothes are in his closet and how distant and unclingy you've become and he gets sad and confronts you about it

Words: Around 2.5k

Type: Angst to fluff

-----

"I know right? She takes my shirts all the time- like, do you not have any of your own?" One of his friends said before taking a sip of his drink. "All girls do it man, it's annoying and I can't wait for the day one of us finally snap."

Tom disagreed because personally, he loved seeing you in his clothes. Whether it was a t-shirt of his that you'd wake up in at early hours or the morning, the grey sheets sitting around the area just below your shoulders so he could see the cotton hanging around your body or his sweatpants sitting at your waist, the boy loved it. It sent him feelings of reassurance.

"Tom? What do you think? Your girl must wear your clothes a lot." They direct the attention to Tom and he looks up, finding his friends gaze.

"All the time." He chuckles, swirling the alcohol around in his glass and a pool of guilt builds in the pit of his stomach but he pushes it away. Peer pressure at its' finest. "If I can't find my tee's then I automatically know where to look."

Tom didn't want to say anymore- knowing that it was wrong because, in fact, it was one of his favourite things about you. He fully believed that you wore his clothes better then he did from the star wars shirt hidden at the back of his closet to the plain white ones that sometimes- like tonight, you'd take tuck it into a pair of jeans so you could be a little closer to him. Plus, it made a cute outfit.

The boys around the table laughed, rolled their eyes and grunted in agreement. "We're losing, man. Our wardrobes are being stripped dry."

"It's annoying is what it is." One of the friends spoke up, taking a chip from the bowl in the middle and eating it before turning back to whatever game he was playing on his phone but Tom was thinking about you and how long you'd spent in the bathroom. He began to grow worried and looked around- but didn't see much considering they were in a private room.

"Damn right." He replies. "It has to be the most annoying thing."

Tom lifted his drink and took a mouthful, staring down into the soon to be empty glass as he fell into a trap that would most likely get him damn near the silent treatment.

Unbeknownst to Tom and his mates, you were standing outside the door after returning from the bathroom- not intentionally stopping to listen in on their conversation but something had peaked your interest, and now you were glad that you'd stayed. Your hand sat on the door handle that was no longer cold beneath your deadly grip, knuckles aching from just how long you'd been standing there.

You swore you'd felt your heart completely drop out of your chest as Tom agreed- one hundred and ten percent expecting him to stand up for you against the group of men but he simply put you on spot. To say you were feeling disappointed was an understatement. Your head spun, words replaying like a broken record player as a lump formed in the back of your throat and you didn't know whether to be angry or sad at that moment.

You swallowed thickly, plastering a fake smile on your face that you doubted would cease until you left dinner that night, a gentle tune that sounded like something that'd play at a coffee shop rang through the walls and hesitatingly, you walked in, taking a seat next to your boyfriend ultimately ignoring his gazes when he turned to you. The lights were dim and held a shade of red- but if you looked up you'd still be able to see that same concern his eyes always held when you were obviously upset.