16. Tom Hiddleston | Blind Date

By : multific | Tumblr

Pairing: Tom Hiddleston x Reader

Genre: fluff

Words: 1180 (Words in italic are your thoughts)

Summary: Your friend has been nagging you since forever to go on a blind date with her co-worker. You always said no, but she kept on annoying you until you finally said yes.

------

"Are you ready yet?" Your friend asked in the phone.

"Almost, I just need to pick the dress. Which one should I go with? The black one or the white one?" You asked. It is summer after all, I might as well go with a dress.

"Definitely the white, that one is sexy and cute at the same time."

You signed and put the black dress back to the wardrobe.

"Okay. But after tonight, promise me you will stop annoying me with him! And what makes you so sure that he will like me anyway?" You started to check your purse if everything was in there that you will need.

You could hear your friend slightly laugh into the phone and said.

"He is exactly your type, believe me. But I won't tell you anything else, you will see." You could hear the smile in her voice. "Now, I have to go, but we will talk tomorrow have a great time and don't be nervous. Good luck! Bye"

"Alright, bye." You ended the call, put on the dress. You looked at yourself in the mirror, damn you looked great! Okay, one date. You can do this, (Y/N)! With that you left your apartment and headed to the café.

You were near the café when you checked the time 5:40pm , you were 20 minutes early. You went in and sat down at a table next to the window. The place your friend choose for your date was one of your favourites in New York, you often spent time here, it was a quiet and very nice place, and the fact that your favourite cake they made here is phenomenal. The waiter came up to you and asked for your order, but you told him that you are waiting for someone and you will order one they arrive.

You waiter for about 10 minutes when a very tall and handsome man opened the door. You looked at him but he looked too good to be true, so you dismissed the idea of him being your date, but then he approached you. No way.

"Hello. Are you (Y/N)?" And he has an accent. You quickly stood up and responded.

"Yes. It is nice to meet you. And you are?" You put on your best smile and handed him your hand to shake.

He smiled at you and took your hand but instead of shaking he kissed your knuckles.

"Tom. My name is Tom. And it is nice to meet you as well. Please sit." He gestured to the chair you just stood up from.

Both of you sat down.

"I hope I didn't make you wait too long." He rested his arms on the table and looked into your eyes which made you blush a little.

"Oh, not at all. I only waited for 10 minutes so it is fine." You smiled back.

"I wanted to get here before you, I hate it when someone is waiting for me. But traffic had a different idea." He laughed a little at his own joke.

You chuckled a little and said.

"Yeah, I live near, so I walked here. And it is still not 6pm so you made it in time."

"Still a pretty lady should never wait for someone. Next time I will make sure to be first." Next time?! And did he just call me pretty?! Now you were visibly blushing.

"T-Thank you." You whispered and at that point you thanked God when the waiter came to your table.

"May I take you orders, please?" He said and looked at you.

"Umm, I would like a (your favourite drink) and (favourite cake) please."

"For me a cup of tea and some chocolate cake, please."

"Right away." And with that he left, and you looked at Tom. You let out a little cough to get his attention with a sudden boost of confidence, you decided you might as well ask some questions from him.

"So, Tom. What do you do for a living?" You asked sweetly, wanting to have a little chat and don't let the date to be awkward.

He smiled and answered.

"Well, as you know I work to the same company as (Your friend's name) just on a different position."

This is when the waiter came with your food, both of you thanked him and you took a sip from your drink.

"Yes, I know that. She's the secretary of the CEO, what is your position if you don't mind me asking."

"Not at all, this is a date after all, you might as well ask questions and I will too. You see I am the CEO." He smiled so innocently at you.

"She forgot to mention that." You realized what you just said and quickly added. "Not that I mind it, there is nothing wrong with your job or anything." And now you just made it awkward. Well done, (Y/N). But you heard him laugh.

"Very well. But let's not talk about work anymore, please tell me about yourself."

And you did you talked with him for so long you almost forgot the time. When the waiter came and told you it is time for the place to close you realized it's already 9pm. Tom payed the bill after a few seconds of arguing. The two of you decided to take a walk at the park near the café. You sat on a near the little lake and continued to talk.

You were smiling like an idiot. He was so sweet, you found out the two of you shared some common interests. You looked at your watch and said.

"I had a fantastic time, but it is about time for me to go home if you don't mind."

He just looked at you and said.

"I had a great time as well. Let me walk you home, it is dark, and I don't want anything to happen to you." Such a gentleman.

"Thank you." As he stood up he gave you his hand to take, which you happily did.

His hands were so big and warm against your smaller ones. You walked in a comfortable silence to your apartment.

"Well, this is me. Thank you one more time, Tom. I really had a great time tonight."

"I should be the one thanking you. And if you don't mind I'd like to get your phone number so I we can plan another date."

"Yes, of course." You gave him your phone number and he gave you his.

"I will text you later then. Good night (Y/N)." He took your hand and kissed your knuckles.

"Good night to you too." You smiled at him one last time and went into the house. For the rest of the night you couldn't stop smiling to yourself.