117. Keanu Reeves | A New Beginning

By : ficsnroses | Tumblr

Word Count : 1959

Summary : It's move in day for Keanu and the reader, and Keanu can't help but express his love in a special, endearing way.

Requested : No

Warnings : None! Just some fluffy domestic Keanu content.

=====

It was a Saturday evening, and the sun had begun to set, channeling a pink and purple hue over the horizon. It was the middle of September and summer had finally come to a close. The beginning of Autumn had brought cozier evenings, and the world looked like it had been lightly crusted with sprinkles of cinnamon, brown sugar, and bright, vibrant apple blossoms.

A cool breeze channeled through the open window, pirouetting in the atmosphere for a moment, before whirling over your skin leaving goosebumps, swaying your mind away as if in a ballet as you exhaled a weary sigh.

You glossed your eyes around the room, the space littered with scattered brown cardboard boxes, some empty, some occupied with belongings, until they landed on your ever so giant boyfriend sitting cross legged on the apartment floor. His eyes squinted and nose scrunched trying to read to tiny instructions on the manual describing how to build the brand new wooden table you had purchased for your new house you had bought together. You smiled lightly to yourself, his black and lightly brunette dusted hair falling in his eyes every so often.

Keanu and you had been together for a little over 3 years, and gosh had it been amazing. The way he made you feel was something you never quite thought you would get. It felt so real, so true, as if the universe had clicked and allowed you to indulge in the sweetest existence. You both felt as if you completed the missing parts of each other, constantly helping, supporting and being in each other's corner. Just the mere sight of you was enough to make his heart flutter, but the feeling of knowing he had one person in the sea of people to call his own, to have and to hold, to protect and be protected from whatever ups and downs may be thrown meant more to him than could be put into words. It was a warmth that only you and him could comprehend, almost like a two-person team that no one else could ever be a part of. You would be lying if you said you hadn't been dreaming of this move in together since just a few months into your relationship. It had been a long time coming.

*************************************************************************************

"Hey babe, how was work?" Keanu smiled into the phone. Evening had fallen and he had been in the kitchen cooking up a meal for yourself and him.

"It was alright, the usual. I'm exhausted." You sighed. You were driving to your apartment, Keanu's voice through the Bluetooth was refreshing, like hearing your favourite melody.

"Aw, that's alright sweetheart. I made you dinner, how about we crack open a bottle of your favourite red in the Jacuzzi later tonight?" he suggested while stirring the pot.

"Oh Ke, I didn't know you wanted to spend tonight together? I'm sorry honey but I'm almost at my apartment now" you frowned, feeling a tingle in your heart that he had gone through all the effort for you.

Keanu and you had been going back and fourth to each other's places almost every day. You both had keys to each other's apartments, and would often end up spending the night together, cuddled up on the couch after a long day, enjoying each other's company and escaping from the world of responsibilities. Keanu had a drawer at your place, his belongings peppered around your apartment, constantly reminding you of your life together. Simple things that made your heart swell with happiness, such as seeing a bag of Keanu's favourite dark roast coffee he drank every morning in your cupboard beside your mugs. At Keanu's apartment, you had seized a large portion of his wardrobe. But he didn't mind, in fact it was one of his favourite parts of waking up when you weren't there with him to see your shoes next to his, and some of your sweaters, dresses and shirts hanging around in his wardrobe.