188. Sebastian Stan | Golden Girl

By : watchmegetobsessed | Tumblr

word count: 1.3k
Finding out the gender of the baby.

-----

"So what do you want?" you ask Sebastian the same question again, hoping he won't dodge it like he always does. His hand squeezes yours as it lays on his lap, your legs crossed so your foot is hooked with his leg.

"Told you, I'm happy wi—"

"Oh, cut the crap!" you roll your eyes. "You cannot tell me you're not hoping for one more than the other!"

He lets out a soft chuckle as his eyes meet yours, giving him an innocent look. You're currently sitting at the clinic, waiting for the appointment where you'll find out the gender of the baby. You've been trying to get Sebastian to tell you whether he wants a boy or a girl, but he's been dodging the question all along, always saying that he is happy with whichever, he just wants the baby to be healthy. You know it's true, that he'll love your child unconditionally no matter the gender, but you just know he prefers something, just the way you really want a girl. Not that you wouldn't be happy if it turns out that you're having a boy, you've just always imagined yourself to have a girl for the first time.

"Why don't you want to tell me?" you pout at him, tilting your head to the side.

"Why do you want to know it so badly?" he asks back chuckling.

"Because you know how nosy I am, I need to know everything!"

"Oh, I know about that, baby," he nods laughing and you just stick your tongue out playfully.

"Are you really not gonna tell me?" you sigh and he just gives you a look. Mumbling under your breath you fold your arms on your chest, pretending to be hurt, knowing well he'll break. He can't even see you play the victim, at last he always gives and tells you everything and anything you want. And you're right this time too. Because as soon as you turn away from him, your foot unhooking from his leg, you hear his defeated sigh, his hand reaching out to grab your knee gently.

"I want a girl."

"Really?" you whisper, surprised at his words. You were somehow convinced he is hoping for a boy, to have his mini-me, play sports with him, teach him everything he knows.

"Yeah," he nods with a shy smile. "I want to spoil her and be a good example of men for her. I've seen so many women grow up without a good father figure that their trust in men was ruined completely because of that one person. I want to be an exception."

You can feel the tears stinging your eyes at his words. He never fails to amaze you with how great of a man he is, even after years of being with him. He always proves that you chose the right man to build your future with.

"Our daughter will have the best father," you sigh, wiping the tears away quickly.

"We don't even know if it's a girl," he chuckles softly, pressing a kiss to your forehead.

"But I have a feeling. Like, in my heart, I know it's a girl."

"Yeah? A maternal intuition?" he grins at you, pulling on your legs so they cross his, lying across his lap.

"Something like that."

A moment later you are called in and the two of you walk into the room a little nervous but very excited. The doctor asks you the usual questions as you get ready for the ultrasound, Sebastian sitting right next to you, holding tightly onto your hand while the doctor spreads the gel across your swollen belly.

"Alright, let's find out something new about this little one," she smirks at the two of you before every pair of eyes turn to the monitor by your side, watching the black and white picture.

She searches for the heartbeat a little, but she finds it quickly, steady and healthy, making you and Seb relieved that everything seems to be fine with the baby.

"So, you want me to tell you now, or you want the results in an envelope and use it for a reveal?" she asks, turning to you with a bright smile.

"We want it now, if it's possible," you tell her, gripping Seb's hand tightly as he keeps your hands at his mouth, waiting for the news, his lips brushing against your fingers laced together.

"Okay, and is there a gender you might prefer?"

"We both want a girl, but it doesn't really matter," Sebastian answers and the doctor's smile widens.

"Well then congratulations, it seems like you're having a girl!" she beams and it's like a dam breaks inside you, you start crying and sobbing as Seb leans closer and pulls you into a hug as much as it's possible in the situation.

"You were right! It's a girl!" he chuckles through his tears, kissing you over and over again before finally letting go of you.

The doctor takes a few new pictures that she prints out for you of the little one in your belly, you arrange your next appointment and then off you go. You feel like on cloud nine as the two of you get into the car and head home.

"Do you have any names in mind?" you ask, breaking the blissful silence in the car, only some soft music is playing from the radio. Seb licks his lips as the car stops at a red light, his gaze finding yours, his hand that held the shifting gear reaching out to take yours in your lap.

"I wanted to ask you about it too. Because... I was wondering if you'd like the idea of giving her a Romanian name. Even just a second name, that would be amazing too. I just really want her to have this connection with—" You don't let him finish.

"I love the idea," you speak up, surprising him with how quickly you agreed with him.

Through your years with Seb, you've learned a lot about his strong love for his roots and where he is from. He always thinks back at his childhood spent in Romania with pride and joy, you'd love to pass it on to your daughter in any way.

"Yeah?" he smiles, clearly touched by your answer. The lamp turns red and he is forced to focus on the road again, but you can see the shine in his eyes that just lights up his whole presence.

"Do you have one in mind already?"

"Nothing particular, but I have a few I really like."

"What are they?" He licks his lips, glancing at you shortly before speaking up again.

"I like Ivona. It means a gift from God. Or Lerae, I think it's really pretty, it means a strong and brave person."

"I like them both," you beam at him, reaching over you place a hand on his thigh, giving it a gentle squeeze.

"And how about Relia?" he asks, clearly excited to share all these names with you.

"Does that have a meaning?"

"Yeah, it means gold."

"Mm, I like that too. We could call her Lia for short," you suggest and Seb nods eagerly.

"Our little golden girl," he chuckles and his words warm your chest the best way possible. "A girl, we are having a girl," he sighs sweetly, like he still hasn't processed the news.

"See? My intuition was right," you smirk proudly.

"And what else does your intuition tell you?" he asks, glancing in your way shortly.

"That... we are gonna ace this whole parent thing," you giggle, biting into your bottom lip, as you lean over and kiss his shoulder playfully before sitting back, his hand reaching over to find yours, fingers lacing together as he gives your hand a gentle squeeze.

"I hope you're right about that as well."