Training| Imagine

I sit on an ammo box as Leon paces around me, I've only known him for a few hours and already I sense he's uneasy to stay still for too long.

"Think they'll get in?" I nervously ask, biting my nails as he stops in front of me. His expression changes from thinking to a moment of panic before his mask slips on. He shakes his head, his blue eyes dart to the door.

"You're safe here...for now. We should get moving soon." He says, pulling out his gun and checking how many bullets are left. I watch him with a mix of curiosity and wonder.

"Can I have a gun? I mean at this point it's kinda hard for you to say no considering..." I lead off, gesturing to the door and the undead that are beyond.

Leon sighs and ponders the question for a second, before mumbling a curse under his breath and beckoning me to stand up. I do as I'm instructed, holding out my hand.

His lips quirk up slightly but they're immediately replaced with a frown. God, is he always gonna shut down his emotions?

"Not yet, I don't want you shooting yourself in the foot." He grumbles, moving behind me. I tense up as his arms come around my body, he holds the gun up as if I'm not trapped between his strong arms and chest.

"Uh," I mumble, before clearing my voice, "I actually know how to use one already."

Leon scoffs, "Fake guns at the fair aren't anything like this."

I frown, turning my head and realising his face is only inches away from mine. A small blush rises to my cheeks so I turn my head back, facing the statue the gun is pointed at.

"You wanna use both hands, make sure your finger isn't on the trigger until you're ready to-" Leon begins, but I sigh and knock his hand away, with hesitation Leon gently allows me to take the gun from him.

With his chest still pressed against my back I inhale and focus on the target, remembering how to shoot. I exhale as I pull the trigger, the gunshot is loud and I automatically want to wince.

Leon let's out an impressed breath from behind me, I cant help but to smirk as I notice the bullet hole in the statues forehead. If it was one of those things outside, it'd be well and truly dead.

"Alright," Leon says in a lighter tone, stepping away from me and holding his hands out in a surrender, "I guess you do know how to shoot."

I give him an unimpressed look as I hand his gun back to him, but he shakes his head and pulls another from his holster. "Keep it, you're gonna need it."

At the same time, there's a sound from one of the doors nearby. Leon tenses up and points his gun at the noise just as I do, his body angles as if he's ready to protect me from whatever it is, but I'm ready to defend myself.

"Someone's knocking." Leon mumbles.