Collapsing Control PT 1| Imagine

"They didn't even seem to mind when you shot at them." I mumble as I follow Leon down the castles corridors, he gives me a single nod over his shoulder before opening yet another door which leads outside.

Rain falls as Leon holds an arm above his head, his eyes scan the area but I'm already walking past him, despite to away from this awful place and back home. One second I'm looking back at Leon, giving him a reassuring smile as he watches me, the next all I see is darkness-

Leon POV:

Y/N takes the lead, the outside area looks crumbled and old, but there's no threats nearby, so I let her be. One second she's observing the architecture and giving me that smile that somehow makes this whole situation worth it, the next she's falling to the ground.

I rush forward, catching her in my arms as panic immediately fills me, but I force myself to keep calm and not shout her name. As I look down at her, checking for a hidden injury or some reason behind this, her eyes suddenly open and stare at me, but somehow they're not her eyes, they look different.

All of a sudden she grabs my knife and launches towards me, I quickly grab the knife in my hand, the blade pierces my palm as blood begins to trickle down my arm. I'm more shocked than pissed, this isn't the Y/N I've grown to care for in the last few hours.

"Temperance child." She says smiling, but again it's not her smile, not really.

"Y/N?" I desperately ask, hoping she'll snap out of whatever the hell is going on.

She does pull the knife back, but points it at her own throat instead. I was happier when the blade was digging into my hand, I swear if something happens to her, I'll never forgive myself, and it's not just because of this fucking mission, even though it shouldn't have, this has become personal.

"Y/N, put the knife down." I try to calmly say, raising my hands in a surrender, she steps back a few steps, then finally doubles forward dropping the knife with a clatter.

She looks up at me, her eyes back to the familiar colour and personality. She looks terrified and this time I don't hold myself back.

Y/N POV:

The darkness fades, as if I'm waking up from a nightmare. I look up to see Leon staring at me with a mix of fear and concern, I glance down at my feet, seeing his knife with blood on it, I follow the trail to see his hand dripping red.

"What did I do?" I ask, my voice wobbling as I step back, I don't want to hurt Leon again.

"It's alright, you're safe now." Leon softly says, striding towards me and wrapping his arms around me. I grip him back even though I can't bear the thought of being this close to him if I'm a danger.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't even know-" I begin, but Leon shushes me and hugs me tighter, his whole body filled with tension.

"I can't!" I exclaim, pushing myself away from him, he begins to step towards me but suddenly a gate falls down separating us. Half of me is glad for it, the other half already regrets leaving his embrace.

"Y/N, stay there, it's alright." Leon begins, but I'm too scared. Of myself. Of people around me. Of putting Leon in danger again.

With one sorry glance at Leon, I turn heel and run back into the depths of the castle.