Making Up| Imagine

"I don't see why you can't just leave!" I shout at Leon as he purses his lips, he's on the verge of saying something but it looks as if he changes his mind at the last second. He sighs and slumps onto a nearby chair, burying his head in his hands.

"I can't tell you," he mumbles, frowning as he looks up at me from where he's sat, "you wouldn't understand."

I scoff, Leon's job is taking up more and more of our relationship, and he won't give me answers. "Fine." I say, biting my lip as it wobbles. I storm past him and slam the bedroom door behind me, I crawl into the bed and bury myself under the covers, it's when I smell Leon's scent that I finally break down and cry.

I must've fallen asleep because when I wake up, I feel like shit and it's dark outside. My face feels puffy and the guilt finally sets in. Hesitantly I stand up, opening the door and slowly walking into the living room, I expect Leon to be gone by now.

However, I'm wrong. Leon's passed out on the couch, a thin blanket covers him as he sleeps on his side, looking terribly uncomfortable. As if sensing I'm nearby Leon's eyes open and settle on me, he slowly sits up and watches as I take the space beside him.

"I'm sorry, you're right, I know some things you can't tell me and I just have to accept that. I shouldn't have shouted at you for that." I quietly murmur.

Leon nods once and wraps his arms around me, pulling me onto his lap as I nuzzle into his neck. "It's alright, I'm sorry I can't tell you, all I want is to protect you and keep you away from as much shit as I can." He mumbles, drawing circles on my thigh.

I feel Leon kiss my head, and I close my eyes as he wraps the blanket around us. We stay like that for a while until Leon breaks the silence.

"We should get to bed." He mumbles, standing up with me in his arms, too sleepy to argue I just wrap my arms around his neck as he carries me to the bed. Gently he tucks me in before undressing and climbing in next to me, his arm drapes around my waist as he tucks my head under his chin.

"I love you more than you could ever know." He whispers moments before I fall asleep.