I Thought You Were Dead| Imagine

Leon POV:

My feet can't move fast enough, and I know already that I won't make it in time, but I refuse to wait for the inevitable.

Her eyes drift past the monster, a small apologetic smile plays on the edge of her lips before she grabs hold of it and jumps off of the edge of the bridge, falling into the darkness with the monster, saving us all.

"Y/N!" I shout, catching myself before I follow her, my eyes scan below, only just making out the jagged edges of the waste disposal, I try to convince myself she'll come into view any second, but the chances of her surviving are slim with the shrapnel, plus being crushed by the heavy monster.

I let out a ragged sigh, how many more people am I going to lose? How many more will die because I can't save them?

A noise sounds from below just as I begin to back away from the edge, like someone grunting. I don't hesitate, I see a metal chain hanging low that looks to reach the floor, so I jump onto it and climb down as fast as I can, my sweaty palms almost make me fall more than once, but I don't care.

My boots hit the concrete with a thud, I scan the dim light, only a few emergency exit lights brighten up the room. The groan sounds again, so I grab my gun as I search the area, the corpse of the monster comes into view, impaled by a long metal rod through the mouth, it's not coming back any time soon...hopefully.

"Y/N?" I ask out loud, frowning as I spot something crawling towards me. I raise my gun as it approaches, but then I drop it to the floor, letting out a curse as she stops on all fours, blood trickles from her nose and she's got bruises, but she's alive.

Dammit Leon, she's alive!

I run to her, dropping my knees to the ground as she lifts her head at me, "Leon?" She frowns in a weak voice, I cup her cheeks, checking for any other injuries.

"I'm here, I thought you were dead, I could've saved you, you didn't have to-" I break off with a shudder, damn this woman for making me more scared than I've ever been.

"I'm sorry, I just did what I thought I could." She murmurs, her face scrunches up in pain and I'm starting to suspect a broken rib or two.

I lean forward and press my lips to hers, only softly because I don't want to hurt her, but I'm hoping it's enough to say what I can't speak right now. I think she understands as she kisses me back, her hand grips mine but I pull away.

"I've gotta get you out of here," I say looking around, I get up and check the nearest exit, propping the door open with a piece of wood I then rush back to her and scoop her up, apologising as she whimpers.

Once in my arms, her eyes look up at me and I force myself not to look down, if I do I know I'll crumble apart, she frowns as she wraps her arms around my neck, trusting me to take her to safety.

And I will. Nothing will ever stand between me and this woman, she's mine even if she doesn't know it yet, and I'll never let anything ever fucking hurt her again.