Jealous Judgement| Imagine

"I can't believe I actually miss her." Leon mumbles to himself as the train leading out of Raccoon City speeds along the tracks, his eyes are focused on the ID wristband between his fingers, before he flings it away.

I watch from the door, I've seen enough and my heart shatters. I try to convince myself it's nothing, Ada and Leon helped each other and went through hell, sure of course they bonded through a few near death experiences, but Ada betrayed him, betrayed us. How can Leon possibly feel anything but rage for the things she's done.

I tear my eyes away from Leon and head inside the train, I'm surprised he didn't know I was there, I guess he's tired and unguarded right now.

The door opens a few minutes later and Leon comes in, his lips tilt into a smile as he opens his arms, but I step away. It's not like we've know each other long, we literally met last night, but I thought we had a spark between us, something special with the hours we spent suriving together.

Under normal circumstances I'd think myself crazy, but the recent events are far from normal, maybe I'm just overreacting...doesn't help the jealously I feel.

"Sorry," Leon mumbles, scratching the back of his neck nervously, great now he thinks he's the problem, fuck.

"It's okay," I reply, avoiding his eyes, there's an awkward tension between us and I know Leon feels it too, because he makes it obvious.

"Did I do something wrong? You seem...weird with me?" He says, his brows knitting together as if he's thinking through our whole encounter.

I begin to shake my head, but stop. No, what's the point of hiding my feelings now when I've literally just had the worst night of my life, nothing can top it. I take a breath then cross my arms, lifting my eyes to Leon as he watches me curiously.

"I'm just wondering how you could possibly forgive her even after she stabbed you in the back." I angrily say, feeling childish.

Leon's eyes widen a bit, his mouth opens and closes before he finds a spot on the floor to stare at. "I don't forgive her," he whispers, he then looks up at me, "You're acting like I'm making excuses for her."

"Aren't you?" I spit back as Leon's face shifts from guilt to anger.

"No." He exclaims, "But what's done is done, Raccoon City is behind us along with everything else that happened tonight."

"Everything?" I murmur, his words cut deep. Leon studies my face, somehow he gets what I'm trying to imply, I'm glad he's empathetic because recognition flares in his eyes.

"I guess not everything," he affirms, stepping closer to me. This time I don't move, I let him cup my face and tilt my chin up gently as his thumb brushes my lip.

"I've been dumb, or occupied, probably both, it's been a long night." He says lightly with a smile, I can't help but to smile back, his mood infectious.

"I understand, I'm sorry, this isn't even the right time to be fawning over you like some high school crus-" I begin, but Leon's smile grows bigger and I stop.

"Fawning? Interesting choice of words." He teases, a small blush covers my cheeks as he leans down, his lips inches from mine.

"This isn't about what Ada did, is it?" He asks, referring to my earlier anger. I avert my eyes and try to move my head but his fingers grip me enough to not move. I shake my head once.

"You're jealous because...give me a second." He drawls, his eyes narrow as if he's genuinely confused.

"Because you seemed to really like her after everything, yet we spent most of the night together and at the end of it all you- you miss her, not me." I whisper, once again feeling silly.

Leon "aahhs" quietly before letting out a small breath. "It's just weird without her knowing exactly what to do, I don't miss her like the way you think. Besides I did miss you, there wasn't a second that passed when I didn't think about you, do you know how hard it was for me to stay down there, especially when all I wanted to do was to come find you."

My breath hitches as he gives me a look I can't decipher, but I don't need to because Leon's lips are already on mine, shutting off all thoughts. His hand cups my cheek, his fingers gently stroke my cheek as he tilts his head, I wrap an arm around his neck, pulling him closer.

He pulls away after a minute or so, a half smile pulling his lips as I stand breathless. "See? I missed you a lot. It's been one night but already you get me better than anyone else ever has, as soon as I met you I knew you'd survive this, I knew you'd survive anything."

I smile back, grabbing his hand as the train begins to slow down. "Think we'll survive what's next?"

Leon nods, giving my hand a squeeze. "I think as long as we've got each others backs we'll be alright. Can I count on you?"

There's a deeper meaning to the question, the way he says it is suggestive, as if he's asking for us to be together. I nod, glancing at the doors.

"You can count on me as much as I can count on you." I reply, earning a relieved chuckle from Leon.