Penciled Memories| Imagine

My eyes open slightly as I feel Leon slip out of bed, at this point it's almost become a routine, every few nights around the hours of midnight and four in the morning Leon will randomly disappear for an hour or two then come back to bed.

At first I woke up with him, asking if he's okay and needed anything, but he'd always shrug it off, kissing my head and telling me to go back to sleep even though he had a haunted look in his eyes. After, when his disappearances became more frequent, I'd get up to go check on him, he'd often be sat at the kitchen table with a glass of water, his arm covering something.

Tonight I sigh and turn onto my back, staring up at the ceiling. With a final moment to wake up, I sit up and get out of bed, wandering to the kitchen where I see Leon sat as usual, an emtpy glass sits beside him as his arm covers the same things as usual.

"You don't have to hide anything from me." I softly say, yawning as I take the seat beside him. Leon tenses up as I reach out a hand and gently pull it away from the mystery thing.

Leon lets me, his arm slips away as he leans back and crosses his arms, his blue eyes stare at the table as my brows furrow.

It's a notebook with a pencil tucked inside.

I glance up at Leon in question, he gives me a nod of permission so I slide the notebook across to me and open it up. Accurately drawn images stand out, full of gore and emotion, harsh lines almost rip the pages as I flick through numerous drawings of zombies and death. It's all of Raccoon City.

"I-I needed them out of my head." Leon murmurs quietly, his eyes lift to mine and my heart breaks a little as I see traces of fear and guilt.

I swallow back my tears, "You could've told me, if you have nightmares I don't mind talking."

Leon shakes his head as I grab his hand in both of mine. "I don't want you to be haunted by them too." He says.

He lets out a shuddery sigh and opens his arms, I immediately know what he's asking, I get up and climb onto his lap, wrapping my arms around him as he buries his face into my chest, his arm snakes around my back and holds me close for a few minutes, both of us tired but in need of this.

"They're not all bad," Leon mumbles, I lean back as he picks up the notebook and turns to the back, a tiny blush covers his cheeks as the notebook reveals numerous drawings of me, in most of them I'm oblivious to him, as if he's taken a picture without me knowing.

In one I'm asleep, a small smile on my face. In another I'm staring up at something, my eyes full of amazement. Another is when I'm frowning, but a smirk tilts my lips.

"Why aren't these with the others?" I ask with a warm smile, my fingers trace the pencil marks as Leon's lips tilt.

"I had to keep the nightmares away from the good memories." He murmurs, his hand reaches up and and gently cups my face, I lean down and press my lips to his, it's a loving and soft kiss.

"You're a really good artist," I whisper, taking the notebook from Leon and putting it on the table, "but an even better boyfriend."

Leon's smile grows until he chuckles and pats my thigh. I stand as Leon follows, wrapping an arm around my shoulders as he leads me back to bed. He turns off the light and we climb back under the covers, getting into your usual position to sleep, with Leon's arm draped around my middle.

"I'm sorry I hid them from you, I shouldn't have." Leon mutters, pressing a kiss to my temple.

"It's alright," I reply, "I just want you to know that you can talk to me about anything, or of you have a nightmare I'll always be here for you, you're not alone anymore."

Leon nods as he closes his eyes, I close mine shortly after and slowly fall asleep, happy knowing Leon is alright once again.