I Just Need You| Imagine

I'm scrolling through my phone when I hear the front door open and close, excitedly I bounce up from the bed and dash to the living room with a grin on my face, but it soon fades when I see a sad looking Leon. His shoulders are drooped and his eyes only just meet mine, honestly he looks ready to fall down.

I walk towards him and wrap my arms around his middle without saying a word, as predicted he envelopes me into a tight hug, his face nuzzles into my hair as he exhales a long sigh.

"Rough day?" I mumble after a few minutes, Leon nods and pulls back a bit, his usually vivid blue eyes seem, well lifeless.

"You could say that." He murmurs, shrugging off his jacket and throwing it on the couch, before heading to the kitchen. I follow a few steps behind, watching as he reaches for a cup and pours a hefty glass of whisky.

I arch an eyebrow as he downs it all in one, already he regrets it, we've been down this road before, I can see the conflict in his eyes as he stares at the bottle, debating if he should pour another. "Can I get you anything? I can make some food or...?" I lead off, breaking the heavy silence.

Leon frowns as he pushes the bottle away, then leans back against the counter. "I just need you. I'm sorry, I shouldn't-"

I shake my head, stepping toe to toe with him I reach up and cup his cheek, my thumb brushes over his cheekbone as his hand covers mine. "You can rely on me to be here for you, it's okay to need a boost every now and then."

Leon smiles, just a tiny smile that could be missed if you don't notice. "I know." I smile back as he leans down and presses his lips to my forehead, I duck under his arm and wrap it around my shoulders as I lead him to the couch.

We slump down, both sighing as I grab the remote and put the TV on. "I'm thinking we should finish that movie we started last night, before I fell asleep."

Leon nods as he lies down, his head resting on my lap. I smile as the movie resumes, my hand finds his hair and begins running through it, Leon's body relaxes after seconds of me calming him. His eyes close so I grab a nearby blanket and place it over him, already his breathing evens out and I can't help but feel relieved that his day is over, at least for a short while whilst he has a nap.

I watch the movie with Leon asleep on me, every so often he murmurs and shakes his head, but I shush him gently and rub his back, and he settles once again.

Leon is the best agent the government has, he's strong and resilient, he gets the job done and hardly anything can get in his way. However underneath the hard exterior is just a man who needs reassurance and stability, he'll never admit it but he needs protecting just as much as he wants to protect others.