Bit of a Headache| Imagine

"Fuck!" Leon curses as the countdown on the timer begins to beep, it's only a matter of minutes before we're going down alongside this facility. Leon grabs my hand and tugs me to the exit, but it's blocked by the undead.

Both of us grab our guns, taking them down easily before Leon beckons me to follow him. As fast as we both can, we run through the corridors and up the metal stairways, past rooms full of monstrous Umbrella creations and dead people, past so many undead I'm questioning if we'll even get out here here.

"Quick, come on!" Leon shouts as the final door begins to close, the screech of the metal laughing at us we desperately rush to it, just in time Leon and I slide under, just as the explosions rock the floor. The ceiling crumbles as Leon gives me a worried look, as if in slow motion I launch forward and shove him out of the way, dodging the metal but something hits me from behind-

Darkness.
-------------------------------------------------------

"You'll pull through this, you've got to."

Denial.

"Why were you there in the first place? Why can't you just stay out of things."

Anger.

"It should've been me. I'd give anything for it to be me lying there."

Bargaining.

"...I'm sorry."

Depression.

"I'm so sorry this happened, Claire says I should be grateful I'm alive, I guess I am, but- this is harder than I thought- the doctors have done everything they can, it's up to you now sweetheart, if you can."

Acceptance.

I don't know how long passes between hearing Leon's voice, but one moment it's like I'm asleep, the next my eyes are fluttering open and I hear Leon gasp. The flourscent lights burn my eyes and I blink against them, I turn my head to see Leon staring at me as if I'm not even real.

"Not gonna lie, I've got a bit of a headache." I croak, Leon's lips tilt into a small smile before he reaches out and takes my hand in his, his thumb brushes the top of my hand gently as his blue eyes fill with tears, they roll down his cheeks as he leans over me, his arm drapes over my middle as he hugs me.

I reach out an arm and pat his head as best I can, I'm weak and there's wires attached to my arms, but I'm alive and beside the one person I need in this world.

"I'm so fucking sorry, I should've been faster to move, I should've done something before you-" Leon mumbles, breaking off with a shudder.

I nod and sit up with Leon's help, wiping his cheeks as I reply "It's okay, I'm still alive and so are you, I wouldn't have done anything differently."

Leon sighs and presses a kiss to my temple, "I know you stubborn woman, I love you more than anything else."

"I love you too." I smile, just as a doctor comes in to check on me.