Thunderstorm| Imagine

Leon snores peacefully next to me, and I can't help but envy him. I know he struggles to sleep sometimes and often takes something to help with it, but tonight he's out like a light.

I sigh as I stare at the ceiling, wondering how much time has passed. Rain hammers against the window, the only other sound in the room. I'm already on edge from being exhausted, so when a blast of thunder booms in the sky like a rocket, I jump out of my skin and sit up straight.

Leon follows suit, reaching for the knife he keeps on the nightstand, though I'm betting my sudden movement is the reason for waking him. He switches on the lamp next to him, then his eyes meet my wide stare.

"I'm sorry," I whisper, I hate now scared I sound, but thunder has always been a fear of mine. I can deal with the undead, hell even the freakish cults and numerous monsters, but thunder, uh-uh.

"It's alright," Leon softly mumbles, rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand, I notice him glance at the window then back at me, "guess it caught you off guard."

I nod, standing up and grabbing my pillow, "I didn't mean to wake you, I'll just go sleep in the-" I start, but Leon tugs my arm and pulls me back onto the bed as he shakes his head once.

"It's okay," he repeats, "come here." Leon opens his arms and I give him a look of question, we've not really established what this thing is between us yet, and this is new territory. "What, you've never been held before?" He jokes.

I frown and climb near him, hesitantly laying back down as the rain comes down with more intensity. One of his arms snakes under my head as his other wraps around my middle, pressing me closer to his chest. I breathe in his scent,  basking in his warmth just as another boom of thunder rattles the sky.

I stiffen and Leon rubs my back, "I've got you, nothing to be worried about." He coos softly, making me relax. I close my eyes as he pulls the blankets up over me, building a cocoon.

"You probably think I'm ridiculous, right?" I mumble into his chest. Leon shales his head above me.

"Everyone's scared of something, when I was a kid I had a weird fear of worms."

I bite back a smile, poking his side with a finger. "Don't lie."

He chuckles softly, "I'm serious, I'd refuse to go out if it was raining in case the little assholes were out there, wriggling their way out of the ground to attack me."

I laugh as his arms tighten around me. "I need more of that." He mumbles, the happiness gone from his voice.

"More what?"

"Laughter." He whispers.

I hesitantly kiss his neck gently, unsure if I've made a mistake, but then Leon lets out a small sigh and I know he's okay with it. "Maybe you just need something to smile about?" I murmur as my hand slips up his chest...