Playing In The Rain| Imagine

I sigh as I massage my temples, feeling a headache coming on. The other agents leave the briefing, ready to leave first thing tomorrow morning.

"Migraine?" My boyfriend and fellow agent Leon asks from beside me, already passing me a bottle of water. I gratefully  take it, sipping it slowly.

"Yeah, I just get so bored sitting here listening to everyone arguing over how to approach it all, I think I need some air." I reply, getting up and grabbing my jacket.

"It's pouring out there." Leon tells me as his eyes narrow out of the window. My eyes light up at the mention of rain, others usually despise it but I've come to find comfort in it, often basking in the weather.

I quickly go to the elevator of the building with Leon at my heels, instead of going down I press the button to go up to the rooftop, I know there's a garden and some benches up there with a few lights. Leon smiles at me as I hop from one foot to the other, he probably thinks I'm too childish to even be an agent.

The doors open and the fresh air hits me, already within seconds I begin to feel better, breathing deeply as the smell of rain calms me down. I rush out of the protection of the elevator into the downfall, ignoring Leon's protests.

I laugh as I raise my head to the dark sky, the clouds cover the night sky and the city beyond, usually vibrant, is dim since the rain falls heavily. I'm quickly getting soaked, but it's warm and I don't mind.

"Come outside!" I laugh as I call to Leon, who watches me with a small smile on his face, he leans against the wall with his hands in his pockets. A single shake of the head is all I get in response.

I huff and turn my back to him, opening my arms as I close my eyes, embracing the droplets. Suddenly arms wrap around me from behind, Leon's scent fills my nose and I lean my head back against his chest, opening my eyes I see his blue ones looking down on me with pure love.

"What happened to being all cool and boring?" I smirk as he leans down and presses a light kiss to the tip of my nose.

He shrugs a single shoulder. "I wanted to be with you."

I smile and turn around, linking my hands with his I begin to sway, even though there's no music other than the sounds of the city. I feel Leon's reluctance but then he steps closer to me and follows my lead, putting my hands around his neck with his own, then he grabs my hips and begins to dance.

We stay like that for a while, dumbly smiling at each other like we're mad in love, which we are, before he picks me up and spins me around, I let out a squeal, clinging on to him because we're on a rooftop and if I fall he's coming with me.

Leon laughs and kisses my lips, our faces wet. After a few minutes Leon grabs my hand and leads me back to the elevator, both of us dripping on the floor creating a puddle.

"Are you cold?" He asks with concern  half slipping off his jacket even though it's wet.

I shake my head. "No I'm okay, maybe we should head home though." I smile, Leon huffs a laugh and bumps his shoulder into mine.

"Hot shower then bed?" He suggests.

"You're speaking my language." I reply as the doors open and some fellow agents give us odd looks.