You're Too Pretty| Imagine

"Hand me the G Virus and we can get out of here." I ask as the Umbrella facility begins to collapse, the floor shakes as an alarm blares in the distance, echoing off of the stone walls and into the abyss behind.

Leon looks at me then down at the vial, my outstretched hand gets tired and I realise he isn't going to pass me it. I drop my hand as his blue eyes look at me with suspicion.

"I can't. This belongs to the FBI for evidence." He says with a nod that I think is more for himself. I clench my fists, I really liked Leon and even began to trust him, but I should know by now that nobody is trustworthy, especially not rookie cops who want to save the world, I should've never have worked with him.

"I guess you've figured out I'm not who I said I was, but that doesn't matter." I smile weakly holding up my hands in a surrender. The floor shakes again as more booms fill the facility, the NEST is self destructing and if we don't get out of here we'll soon become casualties just like the rest of Raccoon City.

Leon knows this too, but he doesn't move yet, clearly his bravery borderlines stupidity. "I thought we had something," Leon begins, but suddenly the doors open behind him and Annette Birkin holds up a gun, Leon turns to look at her just as she pulls the trigger, the bullet misses both of us as Annette falls dead, finally.

"Yeah me too." I whisper just as use the distraction to launch forward and tackle Leon to the metal floor. He grunts as he falls, dropping the virus. We both watch as it rolls away, I need that vial, so I crawl towards it, but the bridge collapses and the G Virus falls into the darkness below.

The whole facilty shakes again and more of the floor falls, I hear Leon struggle behind me. "No!" I shout as I turn, my heart drops as I see him clinging onto the edge. I grab his wrists and try to pull him up, wincing from the strain and pain from my earlier injury.

Leon swings himself up somehow and we both roll onto our backs shoulder to shoulder as the facility crumbles. "Why'd you do that?" He quietly murmurs as we both pant and catch our breaths from the near death experience.

I turn my head to look at him, his eyes full of hope and confusion. "You're too pretty to die like that, you should die like a hero someplace else."

Leon frowns as I stand up and begin limping my way to the elevator, Leon follows in a hurry as the rest of the bridge collapses.

"You're confusing." He mumbles as I press the button to leave this godforsaken place.

I give him a smile, even know I've failed my mission and broken his trust. "I know."

We head back up to the city, I know more fights await us and we'll have to work together but afterwards...I don't know if Leon will ever trust me again...