Drunk| Imagine

I sit on the floor with my knees to my chest, a bottle of whisky dangles from my fingers as I stare into the darkness of the apartment, it's been a rough day..hell it's been a fucking rough few years.

Usually I can do my missions and blank out all the emotions that come with it, but today...today was different. It was a fucking school. I don't think I'll ever forget the bloodied faces of those once innocent children-

The front door opens and I hear Leon's booted footsteps come towards me, my eyes stay to the floor as he lets out a long sigh before crouching down in front of me.

"This your first bottle?" He deeply mumbles, taking the bottle from my grasp. I nod once, my head lighter than it was earlier. He must sense my mood, I'm glad one of us can cope with the shit we have to do, though since we've been paired with each other I'm beginning to see through the cracks of his tough exterior.

"Alright, come on," Leon huffs, wrapping an arm around my middle as he helps me up. The world spins and I lean on Leon, my head lolls onto his shoulder as he takes me into the bathroom.

"You don't have to stay." I mumble incoherently, somehow Leon understands me. He gently sets me down back on the floor, propping me up against the wall with the toilet to my right.

"Yeah well it'd be a shame to lose my favourite partner if you happened to choke on your own sick." He grits out, running a hand over his face. I look up at him, realising his mad.

"They sent me to a school." I whisper, hating how my eyes burn. I look around as if the bottle of whisky will suddenly appear.

Leon tenses up, I don't need to say anymore, he understands. I begin to feel sick, the thoughts of what I had to do-

I retch into the toilet, my almost rmpty stomach protests as I let out the last few reminders of food I had. Leon kneels behind me, holding my hair back as I'm sick.

His other hand rubs my back, his warmth somehow soothes me until I'm done. After I feel worse than before, I'm tired and everything hurts.

I try to stand up, but my legs won't obey. With half lidded eyes I watch as Leon gives me a concerned look before scooping me up and carrying me to my bedroom. He sets me on the bed, tucking the covers over me and getting a bottle of water.

"Just sleep it off." He mumbles, turning away and heading for the door.

I do something stupid, I grab his hand and whisper "Stay." Leon stares at me, but then his expression softens and he gets onto the bed, sitting against the headboard. I close my eyes, my hand still grasps his as it sits in his lap.

I feel myself begin to doze off, with Leon beside me, always looking out for me.