Hamster| Preference

AN: Okay this one's more for me🙈I got a new hamster today which I've named Raya and it made me think how Leon would react to having a girlfriend who has a hamster, or if he got one himself...
---------------------------------------------------------

If you own a hamster:

Leon's hesitant at first, he's never had one before since his childhood wasn't exactly filled with pets of any kind. At first he just looks at it, watching as it climbs the bars and digs around. Admittedly at first he doesn't see the appeal, thinking it's just a waste of time and effort, but when you get the hamster out for him to stroke, his fingers gently brush it and the tables turn as soon as he smiles up at you.

Leon practically becomes besties with the hamster, becoming more confident each time he visits, he scoops the fluffy thing up gently, bringing it to his face as he coos and mumbles nonsense to it about life. You catch Leon telling the hamster that "I'm the boss, she loves me more than you." After an eye roll you and Leon joke around about it. Leon often likes to feed the hamster in his hand, grinning as it nibbles the food in its little paws, he secretly thinks it's adorable.

When you and Leon disagree on something or can't decide on a certain choice, he'll often ask the clueless hamster, nodding as if its spoken to him and tells you its decision, it often makes you laugh and you cave in to whatever Leon wants. Leon probably gives the hamster some funny nickname too like 'fluffy child'.

Leon ends up considering the little pal a part of his life, if it's something you love then he loves it too, and he often asks you how the hamster is getting on when you both meet up.

If Leon bought a hamster:

Leon probably wouldn't ever get a pet unless he's settled and his job gives him time. Though a cat is his preferred pet, he might consider getting a hamster purely for the fact that it gives him the sense of responsibility and the feeling of being needed.

He'd do lots of research beforehand, almost giving up after reading about how he has to do more than just feed it, but a niggling feeling has him going to the pet store anyway.

He buys the best things he can, not caring how much it all costs, he's an animal lover and wants the best for it. As soon as he spots a certain hamster acting like a maniac, he knows that's the one.

He takes it home, rushing since the little thing has bitten through all the boxes, then rushes to set up the home for it. Leon watches it curiously, huffing a laugh as the hamster stares at Leon back then flicks some bedding at him.

Leon's still relucant, but after seeing you light up at its cute face, he knows he's just become an official hamster dad. He takes care of it, often letting it sit in his lap as he works on his laptop or just watches TV.

At night when he can't sleep or has nightmares he'll go speak to the hamster, it helps him feel less alone and still gives him the freedom of just sitting rather than having to pet it like he would a cat.

I imagine he'd call the hamster something really cheesy like Mr Fluffball or something equally as silly.