Losing Her PT 2| Imagine

AN: You must've read part one for this chapter to be understood♡
---------------------------------------------------------
Leon POV:

God I love the way she looks in the morning, even with her hair a mess and her lips parted, all I can think about is how lucky I am to have her, she's saved me in more ways than one.

"You're staring again." She sleepily mumbles without opening her gorgeous eyes, I smirk and move my hand from her waist up her arm and to her cheek, cupping it before stroking her cheekbone with my thumb.

"Am I not allowed to enjoy the view?" I murmur, scooting closer to her as she opens her eyes and finally looks at me, she cracks a smile and let's out a yawn, fuck she's adorable.

"You could go make some coffee instead?" She teases playfully, she'll never admit that she secretly loves the way I touch her in the morning, savoring what's mine.

"I could, or I could wake you up a different way?" I deeply whisper, her breath catches as I roll onto her carefully, leaning most of my weight on my knees as I straddle her waist. Her breathing quickens as my hands roam up the oversized top she's wearing, her skin warm and soft.

Without hesitation I begin to tickle her, coaxing the giggles I adore from her lips. She grins and tries to wriggle as I lean down and kiss her neck, basking in the scent and sound of her happiness.

"I wish we could stay like this forever," I whisper, suddenly feeling depressed. Her smile fades as she looks up at me, as if she knows something I don't. Or maybe I do know but I won't admit it.

"You know we can't." She mumbles, reaching up and cupping my face, my hands cover hers as tears fill my eyes.

"Come back to me." I cry before suddenly I wake up, sitting straight as my alarm sounds.

I wipe my eyes with the backs of my hands, my eyes dart to the empty side of the bed. Shit, it's been three years and I still love her. I thought everyday was supposed go get easier, but it's the opposite.

With a heavy sigh I get up and get dressed before heading out of the hotel room and to my mission; to a secret Umbrella lab where they're creating super spies.

I fight my way to the lab, which funnily enough was easy to find. The typical door behind a bookshelf is too overdone. Once I take an elevator down, I finally see where the experiments are taking place.

Rows and rows of glass cells line the walls like a prison, hundreds of people are stuck inside, some are zombies others look like they're on the verge of death. Fuck, I've gotta do something.

I turn to grab my phone, but something sharp suddenly digs into my back. A knife. "I can't let you leave."

I know that voice.

That voice has been haunting me for the last three years.

That voice belongs to someone who should be dead. Who did die. In my arms.

I turn my head and come face to face with the only person I've ever loved.
Y/N.

"How?" I grit out, fighting the urge to wrap my arms around her and never let her go. There's no point crying, I need to know how the fuck she's here when I saw her turn, I even fucking shot her.

"Umbrella. I turned, you shot me...in the shoulder. I don't remember much aside from falling and hearing you in the distance, Umbrella came and found me, they experimented on me, gave me the cure and trained me to fight for them, I refused at first but...I gave in after months of torture. I had no choice."

I bristle at her explanation, I can hardly process the words. My girl is alive, here, and someone hurt her. Not just someone, multiple people, and I'm going to kill every last one of them.

"You won't kill me." I say fully turning my body to her, she looks so similar, but at the same time she's older, her eyes colder.

She gulps, the knife now pointed at my chest relaxes slightly, so I take my chance to grab it from her, but she's quick and manages to punch me. I recover quick and try again, earning another punch for myself.

"I don't have a choice Leon." She whispers as I drop my hands. I'm not hurting her, I'd rather her kill me.

"Go on then, do it, because it's been hell without you and you'd be putting me out of my misery. Kill me and prove you're on Umbrella's side, prove you don't love me anymore." I say in one breath, her hand shakes as I step forward into the knife, I feel the pinch of the steel, but I'm risking it all and hoping my plan works.

Tears fall down her cheeks, her eyes lift to mine as she lets out a shaky breath. I can see the conflicting emotions running through her head. All of a sudden her eyes glance over my shoulder and she throws the knife at a soldier who appeared. He drops with the knife from his throat.

"I've missed you so fucking much." She whispers before wrapping her arms around my middle, I grab her and pull her to my chest, squeezing her as if she'll disappear.

An alarm rings out and the lights dim, "We have to get out of here, there's an elevator to our left." She says letting go of me and pulling the knife out with precision, I grab my gun and her hand.

"I'll never let you out of my sight again, we'll figure this out together." I reassure her, meaning every word. I look back behind me at the prisoners, I can't save my girl as well as them, so I squeeze her hand and drag her to the elevator faster, maybe I can outrun my regret. No, not regret, conscience.

Y/N looks up at me with a worried expression as more Umbrella soldiers block our way, I nod and we fight. Together.

Now my nightmares are filled with the faces of those I couldn't save from the lab, but when I wake up Y/N is beside me once more, and I know I made the right choice.