Kitten Conundrums| Imagine

I sit anxiously on the couch, awaiting Leon's return. He went to take the trash out but hasn't come back yet, and it's been longer than usual.

I look down at my phone and sigh, before getting up and going to investigate, it's dark outside so I use my phone torch to see down the street, but nothing.

"Leon?" I call out, but recieve no reply. I look down the small road next to our house, squinting into the darkness as my breath fogs up. I finally see Leon near the bottom of the road, crouched on the floor.

I quickly make my way over to him, thinking he's hurt or something is wrong, when he suddenly turns to me and puts a finger to his lips. I tilt my head in confusion so Leon beckons me over with a finger, pointing down at something near his shoe.

I tip toe over to him and crouch down, I finally see what all the fuss is about. Near Leon's shoe is a timid grey cat, it looks bigger than a kitten but not big enough to be fully grown.

"I think she's a stray." Leon whispers to me, leaning close so his breath feels hot in my ear. I smile and reach out to scoop the cat up, but it begins to back away.

Leon chuckles lowly and gives me a look then turns back to the cat. He slowly reaches out a hand and the cat struts forward, bashing its head against his hand as he strokes between her ears.

"Let's get you some milk sweetheart." He softly murmurs to the cat, making my heart leap as he plucks the cat up and snuggles it close to his chest. I'd be melting at the interaction if I wasn't recovering from a near panic attack thanks to Leon's adventure.

I follow Leon back to the house and watch as he grabs the milk from the fridge with one hand and pours some into a nearby bowl. He then sits on the floor and places the milk between his legs, gently putting the cat down as it approaches the milk.

I sit opposite Leon on the floor, giving him a dopey smile as I watch as the cat begins to lick the milk.

"So, is she ours now?" I ask him, nodding at the cat. Leon watches her for a moment then grins, nodding he replies "Yeah, this little one needs me." God, can he get even more hotter?

I shuffle over to him and grab his hand, I rest my head against his shoulder as I sigh sarcastically. "Have I been replaced by a feline?" I ask.

Leon chuckles as he reaches out and strokes the cat, "No, you're still my favourite girl, I've just got two of you to look after now."

He turns his head and leans down, pressing a chaste kiss to my lips.

After the cat's finished with the milk he scoops it up as it meows and carries it to the bedroom. I undress and grab one of Leon's tees to put on as he changes for bed too, putting on pyjama pants and leaving his top half naked.

We climb under the covers and Leon lies out an arm for me to rest my head on, which then wraps around my neck as he plays with the ends of my hair.

I sigh and watch as the little cat waddles to Leon before curling up on his chest, purring as Leon's other hand carefully brushes its head with his thumb.

"What's her name?" I whisper as Leon softly smiles to himself.

"Hmmm, maybe her mom should decide?" He smiles turning to me.

I softly smile, "What about Leona? I think that's a purrr-fect name." I joke.

"You're ridiculous." He teases, flicking my nose before going back to stroking the kitten.

"Yeah, but you love it really." I retort.

Leon sighs and nods, "Yeah, I do." He admits, kissing my temple as I close my eyes and go to sleep with my boyfriend and our new feline child.