Enemy Agents| Imagine

"Him? Isn't there another agent who could-" I begin, but the voice through the phone cuts me off.

"Agent Kennedy is one of the best, this mission may require his skillset so you're going to have to put aside your feelings and work together."

Leon gives me a frown from the other side of the cabin, I sigh and nod to myself. "Alright, over and out."

"Look, we can forget about what happened between us and start fresh, we're adults right?" Leon says, always the bigger person. I purse my lips together, anger fuels me but I find myself giving him a single nod before grabbing my jacket and heading through the cabin door.

Leon follows, sighing behind me as we begin our walk to the nearby village. I can't believe I'm forced to work with him, it's not like anyone knows our history together, and it was only a single night, but come on, out of all the agents it had to be him?

"You've got a right to be angry at me," Leon begins as he catches up, his face is friendly and I find myself looking up into those blue eyes of his, "I shouldn't have just left you without saying goodbye."

I stop in my tracks, silence grows between us as I death glare at him, even the birds in the surrounding forest go silent. "We slept together, it didn't mean anything, so you were right to leave." I snap, feeling the anger rise to the surface.

"Do you really believe it didn't mean anything? Something changed between us that night." Leon insists opening his hands to exaggerate.

"Well clearly you didn't think so..." I mumble feeling childish, I turn around but my foot catches on something and I fall forward without time to stop myself. I brace for impact but it never comes, instead Leon's arms wrap around my middle and pull me up to his chest.

"You're wrong, it meant so much to me," Leon softly murmurs in my ear as his arms tighten around me, my breathing speeds up as his breath tickles my neck, I feel his hair graze my cheek as he adds "it meant so much to me that I ran because I didn't want to fuck it up before we even started. Turns out I already did that." 

"You're just saying that," I mumble as I turn around with his arms still around me, I press my hand over his chest feeling his erratic heartbeat, "You're just trying to be nice about it."

Leon shakes his head, licking his lips as his eyes dart from mine to my mouth. "I'm a terrible date but a worse liar. You're too good for me."

"Isn't that for me to decide?" I whisper as I reach up on my toes, my mind screams at me to punch him but I guess I've lost my mind, because instead I reach my other hand and grab the back of his neck, pulling him down to kiss me.

It's a light kiss, Leon's gentle as his hands find my waist, his fingers dance under my top and I gasp, Leon pulls away thinking I'm not enjoying it. "I'm sorry, once again I've messed things u-"

I shut him up with another kiss, Leon groans as this one's deeper, my hands tangle in his hair as he lifts me up, I wrap my legs around his waist as he pushes me against a tree, dominating my mouth.

"When we get back, let's have that second date." I whisper with a smile between the kiss.

"Alright, I promise I'll stay." Leon replies honestly, he eventually lets me down again and helps me fix my clothes before we continue the mission with things cleared up between us.