Lake Kisses| Imagine

"And you're sure you checked everything?" I ask Leon as he gives me a pointed look.

"There's no cameras, no traps, no bad guys. Just fresh open air and a few trees." Leon says, giving me a reassuring pat on the shoulder. I nod, allowing myself to finally relax. I look around the house we're staying at, it's supposed to be a nice retreat in the woods for Leon and I, but I guess my mind still is in agent mode.

"Alright, well I'm heading outside for a bit." I mumble, grabbing my book as I head outside to the wooden dock, it overlooks a large blue lake with the perfect view of the woods beyond and the fast approaching sunset.

I sit for some time with my toes in the water as I read, until I hear footsteps behind me, I turn to see Leon strolling towards me, holding his hands up in a surrender.

"Just me." He murmurs, taking the space next to me. He leans back on his elbows, signing as he gazes at the lake. "Quite the view, huh? Beats all the creepy villages and labs we've been in."

I nod without peeling my eyes away from my book. "Definitely peaceful."

Leon huffs a laugh as he sits up again, "Yeah, it's weird." A terrible but equally amazing idea pops into my head, it's boiling out here so it's not like it'd kill him...

I close my book and slide it away to prevent damage, then quickly use all my strength to shove Leon into the lake head first. He falls in like a pebble, and I laugh as he lets out a shout just before he goes under.

I watch the ripples, waiting for Leon to come up any second. But he doesn't. I wait and wait until the humour turns to worry. "Leon?" I call out, leaning forward just as his head pops out of the water, giving me a damn near heart attack. I shriek as Leon grins, then he's reaching out and grabbing at my ankle.

"No." I warn, Leon's grin widens as he pulls me into the cool lake with him. One second I'm under the water the next I'm swimming to the surface, breaking free with a heavy gulp of air.

Leon laughs beside me as he kicks his legs, his hair is darker than usual and sticks to his head, somehow he still looks handsome. "You're a terrible person!" I tease, splashing him with water as he holds up an arm.

"You pushed me first!" He defends, his voice raising a few octaves. I frown as we both stare at each other, before bursting into laughter, Leon splashes more water at me so naturally I do the same back, a massive water fight breaks out until I'm tackling him, my legs wrapped around his waist as his hands grab my hips.

As if both realising the proximity we're in, Leon clears his throat as his eyes meet mine. We both watch each other, none of us knowing what's going to happen next.

"We should get out of the water." I mumble, not really meaning it. Leon nods but doesn't let go of me.

"Yeah, you're small enough as it is, we can't have you shrinking." He teases in a low voice, I laugh and suddenly his nose brushes mine, my legs tighten around him as his hand comes up and cups the back of my neck.

My breath catches as he moves his lips closer to mine, as if he's testing the waters, then when I don't back away, he finally kisses me.

It's gentle and cautious, my hands find his hair as he tilts my head for him to deepen the kiss, though more passionate now, it's still slow. After a minute or so, we pull away panting, Leon smiles at me as I look away blushing.

"Guess you could say I'm falling for you." Leon jokes, but I shake my head as I roll my eyes.

"Leon I pushed you in, you didn't fall."

"I did for you." He retorts as we swim back to the dock.

"You're ridiculous."

"Maybe, but you still kissed me back." He smirks as we climb up, Leon helps me up as we stand dripping of water.

"Yeah, I did." I shrug, reaching up to kiss him again before shoving him backwards into the water, this time he grabs hold of me as we both fall in laughing hysterically.