Sweet Stories| Imagine

I let out a yawn as I finally finish cleaning the kitchen after dinner, then decide to go see how Leon's doing with putting our daughter to bed.

As I approach her room, I hear Leon's voice, different accents and pitches come out of his mouth as he tells a wild story about dragons and princesses. I smile and lean against the doorframe, watching as our little girl gazes up at him from where she's tucked in bed. Leon lounges on the end of the bed, waving his arms about as he talks, grinning happily.

Our daughters eyes are wide and full of excitement, until she finally notices me and giggles, sliding under the duvet even more. Leon turns and beckons me over as he sits up. "Mommy's gonna help me tell this part."

I nod and perch on the side of the bed as Leon wraps an arm around my shoulders, pressing a quick kiss to my temple. I finish telling the story as best I can, but admittedly Leon is the better storyteller thanks to his wild adventures and missions.

By now our daughter is dozing off, a happy smile plays on her lips as her breathing evens out. I stand up and kiss her head, then make sure her favourite teddy is next to her. Leon grabs my hand as we walk out into the hallway, softly shutting the door behind me.

I slump against the wall and sigh as he prowls closer and leans his forehead to mine. "You're such a good mom, I love you so much."

I smile up at him and press my lips to his, "You're the best dad, I knew you could do it." I murmur, wrapping my arms around his neck as his hands find my waist.

"Let's do it again." He suddenly murmurs, moving his lips to my neck. I furrow my eyebrows and tilt my head. He then adds "Let's have another, start expanding our little army."

I laugh as he picks me up, carrying me to our bedroom.