Something To Keep Safe| Imagine

"You're making it out to be worse than it is!" Leon huffs, running a hand through his hair as I cross my arms.

"You're moving to another city without any planning whatsoever, and you didn't bother telling me until a week ago!" I snap, my eyes filling with tears as Leon gives me a sad look, we both know where this is going.

"It's not that far, I'll still come see you-" Leon begins, as if he's grasping for something to keep us together.

"Yeah," I huff with a fake smile, "for a while, but then you'll get busier and busier until the weeks turn to months, you know how it goes after that."

Leon purses his lips, letting out a shaky sigh a second later. "I guess this is it then? Y/N I'm sor-" He begins, but I hold up a hand to stop him as my tears finally trail down my cheeks.

"Don't. I can't handle it." I whisper as my voice cracks. With that Leon grabs his jacket and steps over to me, he presses a light parting kiss on my cheek before he leaves...

That was a week ago. I tried to move on and began to accept Leon's choice, until I saw the news of some kind of outbreak in Raccoon City, exactly where Leon was headed.

I wasted no time packing some essentials and getting into my car, heading to the city to see if he's okay. The whole trip my nerves were rattled, as soon as I approached the city something felt off, the abscense of people was the first alarm bell, the numerous scattered cars the second, and the final straw was when I got to Raccoon Police Department.

Outside was pure chaos, blockades were in place and to my horror, numerous wrapped dead bodies littered the courtyard. With a hand over my mouth to contain the scream, I stepped inside of the police station, luckily to find a few people inside.

"Hello?" I call out, only receiving odd groans from them. The stink of death filled the air, but I was determined to find Leon, I had to know if he was okay. "Do you know Leon Kennedy, I'm looking for hi-" I begin as one person turns to me, as soon as I see the bloody face with decaying flesh I back away, my eyes widening as it starts for me.

"What the fuck?" I whisper, grabbing a nearby pair of scissors to defend myself as the thing comes closer and closer, its buddies soon join it, all closing in on me as I finally hit a wall.

"Get back!" A familiar voice shouts, seconds later three gunshots fill the silence in the main room, the bodies drop as I shake, forcing myself to keep my composure as Leon runs over to me.

"Y/N? What the hell are you doing here?!" He demands, leaning down as he checks me for injuries. I push away from him, walking to the bodies as I nudge it with my foot.

"Is it...dead?" I quietly ask, clinging onto my scissors for dear life. Leon nods, pulling my arm away from it.

"Kind of, more like undead." He mutters, sounding more pissed off than scared. I finally meet the blue eyes I've missed, throwing myself around him as I allow myself a second to drop my guard.

"I heard what happened and I had to know if you were alive, I couldn't live with myself if something happened to you and I wasn't there to-" I ramble worriedly, Leon grips me tighter as his chin rests on my head, his hand presses the back of my head to his chest.

"I'm okay, I'm pissed that you came here, but I'm alive. Jesus Christ Y/N, I've missed you so damn much." He mumbles, pushing away to cup my cheek, his thumb wipes away tears I didn't even know were falling.

"I missed you too, I'm sorry I made a big deal out of you leaving, I should've tried harder, I should've come with you." I murmur quietly as Leon quickly looks around the room.

"It's alright, I wish you'd stopped me so we wouldn't be in this mess." He smiles, quickly pressing a kiss to my lips.

"We've gotta get out of the city, have you found any other survivors?" I ask as Leon unholsters a spare gun and passes it to me.

He shakes his head sadly, "No, but I've got you to protect now, something to keep safe, we're going to get out of here." He nods, more to himself.

The door suddenly opens and more undead barge through, Leon gives me a worried look. "Remeber what I taught you?" He asks, glancing at the gun in my hands.

I nod and hold it up, shooting one of those things in the head from a distance away. "Good girl." Leon mumbles before taking my side and shooting with me.