Lipstick| Imagine

I watch Leon from across the table as the boring man continues to drawl about the importance of this mission, about how it's our duty to protect and be successful.

Leon shifts in his seat, lifting one leg over the other as he leans back, his eyes never meet mine but I can tell he notices me, and knows that I'm hiding a smile.

Leon's lips tilt up the tiniest bit as I hide a yawn with a cough, I'm glad he understands I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't need a step by step guide as if I'm some child rather than a specially trained agent who's done things like this before.

"Dismissed." The man says, and the rest of the team mumbles their thanks as they leave. I stand, only having seconds before Leon walks out of the door and into the corridor beyond. Usually I don't mind eyeing up the back of his suit, but this time is different.

"Wait!" I call out as Leon is already halfway to the elevator. I rush to him as he stops and turns to look at me with a frown, I catch up to him, grabbing his arm as he wildly looks around in shock. Before I know it he's pulling me through the nearest door and backing me into the wall.

"Not what I had in mind, but this works." I tease as his chest meets mine, I reach up and grab the back of his neck but he shakes his head at me, giving me a disapproving look.

"What were you thinking? We could've been caught." He snaps gently, not angry but not entirely happy either.

I shrug a shoulder, arching an eyebrow as I reply "Stop overreacting, it's not like I made out with you in the hallway."

Leon sighs, leaning forward to press his forehead to mine, his hair tickles my face as I lift my head and press my lips to his. As predicted he returns the kiss as usual, his hands find my hips as he holds me in place, tilting his head to deepen the kiss.

"Why are you ashamed of me?" I mumble between the kiss. Leon immediately stiffens, pulling back as his blue eyes pierce mine.

"You know that's not it..." He leads off, looking down as if embarrassed.

I push forward as Leon steps back, giving me space to pace around the room I now recognise as a lounge. "Then what is it? So what if we're dating, what're they going to do, fire us? We're still doing whatever missions they throw at us, so what's the big deal?"

Leon runs a hand through his hair, straightening his tie as he turns to look at me. I stop my pacing as I cross my arms, waiting for an answer. "They'll see it as a threat to our abilities, how are we going to protect people when we're more concerned about each other?"

My shoulders slump, he's right though I hate to admit it. "But isn't that going to happen anyway? We've been dating for three months now, I'm fed up of sneaking around pretending like nothing is going on, how are we ever going to get anywhere like this?"

Contemplation crosses Leon's face, he knows what I'm really saying. Me or the job. Am I worth the risk? Leon stays quiet for a second, his eyes darting from left to right as he processes his thoughts, then he nods as if he's affirming his decision to himself before striding to me and grabbing my face between his hands, he kisses me hard and fast then backs away grinning.

"....Ooookay..." I drawl, kind of confused by his sudden affection. Leon just smiles like a madman then holds out a hand, beckoning me to take it.

"You're worth more than hiding in the shadows, maybe we should bring us into the light." Leon smiles as I reciprocate, I take his hand then lean up on my toes to press a kiss to his cheek, leaving a very obvious lipstick mark, but I keep quiet as Leon opens the door...and almost walks into the rest of the team.

"That was quick, desperate or not get the job done?" One grins, implying a quickie.

"Don't look so shocked, we've all known about your relationship since Leon asked about the meaning of flowers." Another guy chuckles.

"Plus the lipstick stains you leave on him, poor Leon tries his hardest to scrub but they always linger if you look hard enough." Another woman sighs with a smile.

Leon glances down at me, but rolls his eyes and untangles our fingers so he can wrap his arm around my shoulders. Without another word he leads me to the elevator as the team talks amongst themselves.

"You alright?" He softly asks.

"Yeah, it went better than I thought." I murmur, leaning my head against Leon's arm as the doors close.