Trapped| Imagine

"Stupid son of a bitch!" I yell as my fist makes contact with the door, but it's no use, the door is locked and there's no way out.

I turn to see Leon assessing the room, looking for an escape, but when he sighs and runs a hand through his dirty blonde hair I know we're officially screwed.

"Someone will let us out right? Or at least come to find us, even if they are a bunch of cultists." I worriedly say, biting my lip.

Leon nods, keeping quiet as he leans against the wall and crosses his arms across his chest. "Sure, doesn't help that we'll probably be here for the next five or so hours." He mutters, staring at the floor grumpily.

The implication makes me panic, my mind races as I think of every situation that could happen, every tiny miniscule of positivity leaves my mind.
Fuck, we're gonna die.

"It's okay," Leon begins softly, his head looks up as his blue eyes meet mine, as if he senses my panic.

I shake my head and give him a sarcastic laugh, "You might be, you're mister 'survive everything life throws at me and more'. I'm not adapted to being stuck in here like some fucking mouse."

"You'd make a cute mouse." Leon shrugs. My eyes widen as I stiffen, ever so slowly I turn to face him, staring as I process his words.

"What?" I squeak out.

Leon's lips tilt as he pushes himself away from the wall, stepping closer to me. It doesn't take long until he's right infront of me, toe to toe. He looms over me, his eyes watch me with amusement.

"You heard me. You're small, empathetic and always searching for food. You like to find somewhere warm and hate being interrupted." Leon deeply murmurs as my breath speeds up.

"Yeah..." I lead off, "Well you're like a...badger." I retort, lifting my chin in defiance.

Leon chuckles as he lifts his eyebrows. "A badger?"

I nod, glancing at the door when I hear someone scream and shout in the distance. I tense up but Leon's hand reaches out and cups my cheek, his thumb rubs over my cheekbone as he softly says "Tell me why you think that."

"Well" I begin, trying to stay calm and collected, "You're protective, aggressive at times, and have a good sense of style."

Leon smirks as he muses the points, nodding as if validating my idea. I think over his sudden change in behaviour from earlier, realising he's trying to take my mind off of our current situation, and it kind of worked for a while.

Another shrill scream pierces through the silence, I slump to the floor in emotional agony, someone needs our help and we're stuck in here.

"Hey, I know it's tough, there's nothing we can do right now," Leon mumbles, a faint sense of regret lingers in his tone. He kneels next to me, his arms pull me between his legs as he tightens his hold around me, keeping me together so I don't shatter.

"I'm sorry, I just wish we could-" I begin, but Leon cuts me off. "I know, me too."

We stay like that for a while, on the floor together, clinging onto each other as we wait for the unknown.